Chapter 39- Mai Lee's Death

Chapter 39

~Flashback~

Suho's POV

Eight years ago...

All students supernatural alike of Star Fall Academy were invited to the Annual Formal Ball in celebration of the tenth night of the first snowfall in the year.

Everyone seemed to have enjoyed the evening as exotic treats were served and the melodious sounds of classical music was being played throughout the entire evening.

Everyone seemed to be present at this grand occasion, everyone except Mai...

"It is almost 10pm... Mai should have been here an hour ago already." said Lay as he saw the time on his wristwatch.

"Yah... I thought you said you invited Mai to the ball?" asked Xiumin as he approached Kris who was endlessly slurping down punch from the beverage table because he could not control his nerves.

"I did. I don't know what is taking her so long." said Kris as he looked around, hoping to spot Mai in the crowd of formally dressed students. "Tsk. I knew I should have been the one to escort her." said Kris as he got angry and caused a crack in the glass he was holding.

"Whoa! Hyung, calm down. I'm sure she is just running late." said Tao nervously.

"Yeah... you know how girls are when it comes to dressing up, they take forever..." said Chen.

Kris sighed. "Mai is not just any girl,Chen. I can sense that something is wrong..."

Kris placed down the glass he was drinking out of and tempted to walk away.

"Yah, where are you going?" shouted Lay as he gripped onto Kris's blazer and pulled him back.

Kris glared at Lay.

"I'm going to find Mai." replied Kris as he shook off Lay's grip on his arm.

Kris was about to walk away but I stopped him. "Let us just wait a few more minutes. Perhaps she is on her way right now and remember that this is the first time that she will be attending this kind of formal ball." I said to Kris, trying my best to calm him down.

"Agh... fine." said Kris as he brushed his blonde hair with both of his hands in frustration.

"By the way... what happened to the other guys?" asked Lay.

"I think I saw Sehun and Zelo having a trash talk fight again..."said Chen as he chuckled and shook his head.