Chapter 28-Uncertainty, Havoc, Truth and Revenge (Part 2)

Chapter 28

Mei-Xing’s POV

I’m walking in an unknown location somewhere on the territory of Star Fall Academy.

The sun has already gone down and the nocturnal creatures of the night are singing their naturalistic sounds.

Owls... squirrels... wolves...I could hear them all.

I escaped the hospital through my open room window.

This action reminded me of my last day with Chunhua, the day when I escaped through my room window and I found Snow, my wolf, in the snowy forest.

The sudden memory only adds sadness to the way I’m feeling right now. I sigh.

The forest isn’t that scary, and what made my journey much easier was the fact that I had Snow walking beside me. I felt so guilty by leaving him at home.

I’m really grateful for Jaejoong sensei for taking care of him and feeding him.

I was roaming in the forest for the past hour or so. It took me quite a while to contemplate over my choice that I have to make.

The choice is all yours...” I am replaying this sentence over and over in my mind.

I eventually made up my mind. I decided that I am going to Elementricks class but I do not plan on speaking to Luhan.

Instead, I’m rather going to relax under a nearby tree that would be close enough to the Elementricks Training Field. I will be watching each of my classmates training in the distance.

The Elementricks field wasn’t that far from the SFA Infirmary. The distance was only a few kilometres away.

Despite my condition of being badly injured, I felt that a few kilometres is no problem for me to walk. The toxin that sensei had given me had helped me alot. I see this walk as an exercise to my health instead of a burden.

Fortunately, I’m now only a couple of hundred metres away from the training field when Snow started running away in a wrong direction.

“Yah Snow! Where are you going?! The training field is this way!” I shouted as I ran after him.

I ran through leafy plants, I jumped over thick bushes and I had to climb over heavy wood logs to catch up to Snow.

I could hear his loud growling from afar and I knew I was getting close by.

“Snow, why did you run off like that?” I complained as I wiped off any leaves that got stuck on my hair and clothes.

When I eventually found Snow, I saw him standing in the centre of a loamy soiled ground.

I observed the surrounding area first. I could see dark coloured plants on the bases of the trees. The stem and the bark of the trees were secreting red-mucus- substances. The loamy floor had tiny holes that were puffing out small eruptions of smoke.

This place does not look safe at all. We shouldn’t be here.

“Snow!” I called out for him but he wasn’t listening to me.

Cautiously... I walked over to Snow and I grabbed him from the ground. Surprisingly he didn’t fight much with me but instead he kept turning to the direction of where he was standing still a moment ago.

This ground is really damp and uneven. Agh... I should walk carefully on this soiled ground or else my foot will get stuck.

I took a step and I heard something crunch under my sneakers that I was wearing.