Chapter 57

Chapter 57

China_Qingdao City_ 23:03 PM

Luhan stared up at the full moon in the starry night sky, giving off a crooked smile as he closed his eyes in contentment before opening them with welcoming darkness.

It felt good to no longer possess the need to fight off his inner demons.

Especially now that they were on the same side.

It has been so long since he has submitted himself to what he really is that even he feared for himself the havoc he may cause now that he has accepted the darkness into his heart again.

He just couldn't keep holding himself back anymore, fighting himself, fighting her.

He shifted uncomfortably as he thought of how Mei-Xing had already seen a peek of his dark past, and she too witnessed him in his most vulnerable state when he cried while holding her in his arms.

One ought to know that the darkness was not just another side of him.

The darkness was the greater part of who he really is, along with the remaining good inside him. It was not something that he would just shift towards when he is in a bad mood or whenever he was provoked. No, it was who he is, and it just took him a lot of time to accept it.

Luhan shuddered at the thought of whether or not Mei-Xing was going to accept him for who he is. And just the mere thought of Mei-Xing seeking comfort in the arms of someone else made the cold blood in his veins run hot with fury.

Luhan will not let her go without a fight. He will make her his. He wanted her, badly.

Just the thought of her made his body tense into heat. He tried to control himself, but even self control has its limits up till this point.

Luhan's family owned a three storey holiday house, situated so near the coast that its foundation ran metres deep into the shore rocks.

It was not as big as it sounds; it was rather quite small, yet comfortable in the sense that it doesn't attract too much attention compared to its neighbouring houses.

No one was home. As expected...

He stood alone in his dark room. The bright water of the pool below reflected upon his face and the walls. Staring at the water brings back painful memories, even so he smiled anyway.

Luhan opened the window to welcome a breezy wind into the room.

He rested his palms on the sill of the window, leaning in slightly to get a better view of the sea coast before him.

He picked up mixed scents- the salty ocean, the hippies smoking around a campfire by the sea shore, a group of young boys firing up a saucy barbeque, a wet dog was running away from its owners that seemed to have thrown him into the water, the ice-cream man selling his last chocolate ice-cream to a young couple...

There was so much activity, at this late hour of the night.

Another breeze of wind blew against his skin, and a very distinct scent entered his nose.

Mutt...

Down below, a young girl was walking towards a beach club situated not far from where he lives. She wore revealing clothing beneath a senseless short coat.

Instead of taking a safe route by walking along the road beside the beach shore, she swerved into a dark passageway.

Luhan shook his head, what a cliché he thought.