Chapter 61

A/N: I know that I'm a day late but I'm going to say it anyways. Happy belated Birthday to the undeniably handsome Byun Baekhyun! Aigoo, I love you to the moon and back ,forever and always, to infinity and beyond...

Chapter 61

Mai's Underground Burial Chamber_ 23:49PM

"Mai's body is missing." was the first words Taeyong said after passing moments of complete silence. "I don't understand. If this is Mai's burial chamber then shouldn't her body be inside the coffin?"

Hwanhee shook his head. "It should. But it isn't."

After hearing all of this, Ming decided to come closer to take a look for herself.

"So where could it be?" Ming asked.

Taeyong gulped nervously. "You don't possibly think that the body might have... moved."

Ming and Hwanhee shared a nervous look.

Everyone was so consumed in their confusion as to where Mai's body could be that they have not noticed that Mei-Xing had already walked away to have a seat at the end of the stairs.

Is this what Mai wanted me to see? That her coffin was empty? thought Mei-Xing. She buried her face into her hands. What is it that you want me to do? Why can't you just tell me?

"Or worse. What if someone came to take the body?" Taeyong suggested.

"I don't think it is a matter of someone." said Hwanhee. "Something could have taken it."

Ming disagreed. "How? If Mei-Xing's blood was the only thing that could open this chamber then how could anything have gotten inside? And if this chamber is such a secret, then who could possibly even know about it?"

Taeyong sighed. "True. But then how else do you explain the disappearance of Mai's body?"

Everyone remained silent.

From far below from where they stood, Mei-Xing's trembling voice echoed. "What if there was never a body at all?" she said unexpectedly, completely changing the intense topic of Mai's disappearance.

Everyone turned their attention to her.

"I'm sorry. What did you just ask?" Ming asked, not sure of what she heard Mei-Xing just said.

Mei-Xing stood up from the stairs and looked at everyone. "How did Mai die?" she asked in haste, completely forgetting what Ming just asked her.

Ming, D.O and Taeyong all shared a look, while Hwanhee remained confused as to why Mei-Xing would even ask this question.

"We were told that she got into an accident on her way to the Ball." said Taeyong, he sounded so sure that what he was saying was the truth. If only...

Mei-Xing tore her eyes away from their questioning stares. They were told a lie. They were all told a lie.

With tears threatening to fall, she took a deep breath and shook her head. She promised Suho that she would not tell anyone of how Mai truly died - of what truly happened that night.

But she couldn't keep that promise. She has to tell them. She was going crazy with all these warnings and visions. And if she were to keep them any longer she would lose more than just her sanity.

With a regretful tone, Mei-Xing said to them, "That was not how she died."

Ming held the most confused look out of everyone.