Chapter 83

Chapter 83

_Mei-Xing's House_Bedroom_

Snow continued to stare into Mei-Xing's eyes that were slowly brimming with tears. She was about to cry and he was not sure what to do.

He did not expect his secret to be out so soon, and now that it has, he was not entirely prepared for what he could do to explain himself.

Mei-Xing trusted him. The question now is... does she still trust him after finding out that he was not all that he seemed?

Mei-Xing leaped out of her bed, startling Snow in the process. She unlocked her patio doors that led to the outside balcony where she began to pace up and down. Occasionally she would pull at her hair as her thoughts became overdriven as to what was happening.

Snow was not just a regular wolf...

Mei-Xing stopped pacing up and down, and she turned to look at Snow that had appeared behind her. His blue eyes looked so sad, and he seemed to be worried for Mei-Xing.

Mei-Xing had to calm herself down. She had to remind herself that if her whole dream was true...then that would mean Snow's family and pack was hunted down. And they were dead. She had to be considerate.

Mei-Xing took a step forward, but when she did, Snow took multiple steps back on his little paws.

Snow was afraid.

Mei-Xing stopped walking anywhere closer to him, and she bravely tried to smile. "I'm not going to hurt you. I promise."

Snow still did not go anywhere near Mei-Xing. If there was anything that he was meant to do right now, was to protect him before Mei-Xing becomes really emotional and does something coincidental that would cost him his life.

Snow knew exactly what Mei-Xing was capable of doing.

"I dreamt about what happened to your clan." Mei-Xing said softly, which caused Snow to stop moving further away.

Snow whimpered.

"I know what you are." Mei-Xing said solemnly. "And I'm neither upset. Or afraid. Nothing has changed, to me... you are still my little wolfie."

Snow tilted his head to the side.

"It must have not been easy for you. I'm sure you had a reason for keeping yourself a secret. We have not known each other very long, but I trust you more than anyone else that I met. Snow, I'm really...really sorry for what happened to your clan. I wish I could have helped them."

Snow then slowly stepped closer.

Mei-Xing sighed and relaxed.

"Can you talk?" Mei-Xing asked as she sat down and crossed her legs.