Chapter 63

Chapter 63

China_Qingdao City_23:27PM

Luhan just ended clipping on the cufflinks to his white shirt when the sound of the front gate to the beach house could be heard opening

Luhan paused, turning his head slightly in the direction of the upcoming noise.

Luhan threw his black blazer over his shoulders, smirking one last time at his dark reflection in the mirror in front of him.

Luhan was never one to praise his youthful appearance, but after roaming the earth for over two thousand years, the gift of his young physique has surely worked in his favour.

Luhan could not remember the last time he was this excited. He paused from walking as he inhaled the scent of fear lingering in the air.

Lovely...thought Luhan.

The mere thought of his family panicking upon hearing news of his return was enough to make him feel like he should at least dress up for the occasion.

As he stepped down the stairs with his leather polished shoes, he imagined werewolves of all kinds being sent to scout the city to look for him. His brother was probably desperately paying witches to do location spells on him too.

Luhan laughed.

He was no doubt the most wanted supernatural being on the southern China's radar.

He speeded down the stairs and stopped till he was standing behind the front door. He straightened his tie and hid his hands in the pockets of his suit pants.

Luhan expected to see his family rushing through the front door.

He expected to see his parents, side by side to disgrace him in front of the whole family once again like when they publicly announced his banishment from the clan.

He expected to see his siblings, angry and ready to attack him.

He expected to hear vicious growls from the allied werewolves that belonged to his younger brother's forces.

He expected all the southern packs to come after him once word is out of his return.

He expected a full force removal of his presence.

But...

What Luhan never expected to happen, was his nearly five thousand year old grandmother showing up on his front porch all dishevelled and drenched in blood, with a massive claw-like wound to her stomach.

Luhan froze as he took in the appearance of the person responsible for making him into what he is in the first place.

Luhan's grandmother was the clan doctor, an immortal wolf blessed with healing powers. But even her powers of immortality came with a price, a price which Luhan too had to pay.