Chapter 44

Chapter 44

_SFA_ Elementricks Field_

Ding Dong Ding Dong... the sound of the Star Fall Tower clock signalled the hour of eight o' clock, and of course, the beginning of Elementricks session.

"You ready, Mei-Xing?" asked Daehyun as he looked at her with Snow being carried in his arms.

Mei-Xing rolled back her shoulders, and then she cracked the knuckles on both of her hands and then smirked. "More than I'll ever be."

Snow also growled in response, his gaze fixed at his victims that were standing in the close distance. Poor boys... They have no idea what they are about to face.

Between the three of them, Snow was the most excited one out of the lot. He was so eager to fight alongside Mei-Xing that he was trying his utmost to jump out of Daehyun's hold.

"Calm down little guy..." muttered Daehyun as he caught Snow in mid-air and then he held tighter onto him again.

Mei-Xing reached over to caress Snow's fur on top of his head. "I'm sorry Snow but you can't go out there with me. It's too dangerous for you. I can't risk having you get hurt again."

Snow made a soft whining sound as a response for his disappointment.

"Don't worry. As soon as I'm done with them, they won't be able to lay a finger on you." said Mei-Xing as she gave Snow a kiss on the head and gave him a reassuring smile. "I promise."

"Awww... do I get a kiss too?" asked Daehyun playfully.

Mei-Xing smirked. "How about I give you a preview of what I'm about to do to my classmates?"

Daehyun's playful smile faded as he swallowed the lump that formed in his throat as he saw Mei-Xing playing with a black naginata in her right hand, the poison was barely visible across the surface of it.

Daehyun stared at Mei-Xing with a tint of worry in his eyes. The way she looked at him was enough to tell him that she wasn't kidding.

Mei-Xing averted her attention from Daehyun and jumped from foot to foot as adrenaline was rushing through her system. "Just make sure to stay out of the fire line." warned Mei-Xing.

Daehyun watched Mei-Xing as she walked confidently across the field and towards her classmates that were all lined up in a straight line. "Something feels wrong about her..." said Daehyun and Snow growled as if he was agreeing.

---

Jaejoong was busy tying the last of his wristbands when he suddenly felt an immense amount of intensity in the air, especially behind him. He turned around in alert and was all but surprised to see a familiar figure making its way across the training field.

It wasn't long before everyone else noticed her presence too.

Mei-Xing could literally feel the tension and the drama that was happening around her. She could here every whisper being made no matter how subtle everyone tried to be about the fact that she's here along with Daehyun and a conscious Snow.

As she walked halfway pass everyone in the line, her eyes caught the sight of Baekhyun looking at her with an expression she almost felt sorry for. She gave Baekhyun an intimidating gaze for a good few seconds before looking away.

As Mei-Xing continued to walk pass everyone, she realised that Luhan wasn't there.

Where is he?... thought Mei-Xing and then she remembered the note she found in Luhan's hoodie.

'Just making sure you'll be protected when I'm gone...'

Could he have really left?...thought Mei-Xing.