Chapter 77

Chapter 77

The revelation about Taeyeon's death had been made known to students all across the SF campus and the news had been reported by Witch Head Mistress Hyuna herself, but details of how her death came to be were yet to be disclosed. Like any other institution whereby the students weren't being told of anything, the students then went around the campus spreading theories and rumors of how it all came to be. Some suspected it to be suicide, some suspected it to be murder, and some even went ahead and said that it was linked to the mystery of Youngjae's death as well.

It was all everyone talked about besides the preparations that were needed for the day of the Scare Fare Carnival.

The dinner break for the night students was almost over. Mei-Xing had spent her time with Kai and D.O. She had been trying her best to look calm and at ease, but the truth was that she was extremely tired and lightheaded.

"Mei-Xing, are you okay?" D.O asked worriedly as he noticed Mei-Xing slowing down in her walk.

Mei-Xing stopped walking and held the side of her head. "I'm..." Mei-Xing was about to say that she was okay. But when she looked up at Kai and D.O, and down to Snow at her feet, and to the rest of the vampire students that were walking pass her down the castle hallway, multiple blurry images of everyone appeared through her vision.

"...not okay." Mei-Xing said softly.

"Perhaps we should take you home." Kai said worriedly but D.O shook his head quickly. "We can't. We are in the last few days of our prep exams. I don't think Professor Changmin will allow any of us to take her home during his lesson. " said D.O

Kai looked at Mei-Xing worriedly. "I'll call Principal Joongki then." said Kai.

Mei-Xing nodded gratefully.

_SFA_Historical Lecture Room_

Baekhyun had kept himself distant from everyone, including Mei-Xing. Not because of anything that he and Sehun might have talked about, but because he needed time for him to accept the reality of everything suspicious that was happening.

Mei-Xing was seated in the front row where she waited for Principal Joongki to come and fetch her. Mei-Xing could only spare Baekhyun a sympathetic glance as she was not even in a state well enough to stand up properly from her seat to walk over to him. When he caught her stare on him, she waved at him and he tried to return a small smile to her.

Other than Mei-Xing and Baekhyun, everyone else seemed to be too engrossed doing their own thing as they waited for Professor Changmin to come back from his ten minute break.

At the back of the classroom, seated right next to Chen, Xiumin was slouching in his seat and he was eyeing everyone in the classroom suspiciously.

"Don't you think everyone is being a little strange?" Xiumin asked suddenly.

"Hm?" Chen mumbled with his eyes closed.

"Everyone is not being their usual self." Xiumin said as he crossed his arms.

Xiumin eyed Kris first, then Suho, then Sehun, then Chanyeol, then Baekhyun, then Tao, then Kai, then lastly, Mei-Xing.

"What's different?" Chen arched an eyebrow.

Xiumin adjusted the glasses that framed his face. He leaned forward and pressed his arms up with his weight on his elbows, with narrowed eyes and hands folded below his chin, he eyed everyone across the room.

"Besides the fact that Kris has been using most of his time to annoy the hell out of Mei-Xing, there does not seem to be much interaction going on between him and anyone else since he got back. He and Tao were so close, yet now the other day when Tao asked him to spar with him, he used Mei-Xing as an excuse. That is so not like him... Kris is the type to show his dominance and he loves fighting. Then there is the fact that he comes back to the Academy after eight years simply because of Principal Joongki's request. He has not even told anyone about what he has been doing during this time that he was away, he is keeping it all so secretive. Also, how many times did we plead with him ourselves in order for him to come back to us yet he strongly stated that he will never come back. And now that he is, he seems a little too calm about it, like as if leaving was not such a big deal. I did not want to bring it up... but my greatest suspicion is the time loop. Eight years ago, there was the eerie mystery around Mai's death and the suspicious events that had occurred even before her death. It was no different to the way things are now. And he happened to leave the day right after Mai was announced dead, blaming it on the fact that he could not emotionally withstand being on the grounds of the Academy. And now ever since he is back, there has been not one but two deaths that have occurred, and all under mysterious conditions."