One Shot for Cate

GUESS WHOS BACK
====================
You picked up your bag and called to your boyfriend, "Hey Sam, I'm running to the store for supplies, need anything?"

Sam turned around and gave you a soft smile, "Thanks babe, I'm good. But be careful."

You walked to the garage and swung your keys between your fingers. Enjoying the familiar metal that grazed between your fingers. Your car sat in between baby and Cas's pimp car, a simple grey 2007 Corolla. You carefully pulled out of the garage and got on the road.

You rolled down the roads in search of a market and rolled up at a stop sign. Checking it clear, you slowly rolled back into familiar black asphalt when it happened.

They say during car crashes, the other car just comes out of nowhere. This time was no different.

Your car was totaled on the spot. The other driver was immediately flung from his seat and into a ditch, killing him on impact. You, however, were trapped. The driver side door caved in and the pressure between the door and you broke one of your ribs. Your head flew against the window which shattered from the force of the crash and your skull. Your car was spinning in circles before it tipped over, forcing you into the unforgiving asphalt.

It was an hour before a family drove by. The wailing sirens could not drown the blood pounding in your head. The air around you was hot and heavy, your arm was underneath you and it was surely broken in several places. Suddenly, just when you thought you'd sufforcate. The air grew cool and bright. Is this heaven?

Little did you know, you were being air lifted to a hospital.
==================
* Sam's POV*

48 hours.

They promised she'd be awake in
less than 48 hours.

God, I wish that punk who crashed into her was alive so I could kill him myself. They tested him and when the results came back, doctors were astounded. The kid had enough alcohol in him to clean the whole hospital twice. He hurt my family. He hurt my Cate.

Cate, with her soft brown hair and caring brown eyes, I can't lose her. Dean can't either, they're practically best friends.

I rubbed my eyes and turned to Dean. He'd fallen asleep on a chair outside of her room hours ago. The doctors won't let us in just yet, they still have tests to run. Getting up to stretch, I find myself walking down the hall in a blur. When I look up again, a woman is handing me a cup of coffee. I find my wallet and take out a five when she stops me.

"Sweetie, you already paid." she said looking confused.

"Oh, I'm sorry. It's been a bad day." I mumble.

"It's gonna be okay honey. Take it easy." she says looking sad.

Walking back to the room was harder than walking away. I slowly reach my seat next to Dean and go back to watching the door.

Dean stirs and sits up. He spares a glance at the door and turns back to me. "Ya know, watching a pot of water won't make it boil." he says.

"What?" I ask exasperated.

"If you keep watching the door, you'll be here forever." he groans as he stands to stretch.

"What else can I do?" I hiss.

He slaps something in my hands, "You can read, for one thing." I look at the magazine. On the cover, people are, yet again, shaming pornstars. Jack off with one hand and point with the other, I'll never understand it. But Dean is right, if I want time to go by faster, I have to do something other than watch a door.

I try to entertain myself with the magazine but the stories are incredibly stupid and pointless. Celebrity sex scandal, a young actress had her nudes leaked by an ex and she was being shamed for it, and to add something new to the Hollywood limelight, an aging actor had a sex change. To be honest, she looked pretty good.

Then I heard the door open and when I looked up, the doctor was motioning me over. I slapped Dean's arm, and walked over to the doctor.

He was a young lean doctor, his black hair was cut neatly and was only a shade or two darker than his smooth skin. He wrote something on a clipboard and hung it next to the room.

"Is she going to be okay?" I immediately ask.

"Oh yes, she's woken up from the coma as we predicted but she's a little out of it. There is one bad thing that I'm sure you can overlook. On her back, going along her spine is a scar from the glass shards. It's not too big but it's going to be sore for quite some time. However, on the bright side, her vitals are alright and despite her broken arm and dislocated shoulder, I'd say she'll be just fine son." The doctor calmed Sam down with his quiet voice.

The doctor gave Sam a once over, "You're Sam?"

"Y-yes sir, why?" Sam asked. Then the doctor turned to the eldest brother

"That makes you Dean?" Dean nodded.

"Well she's been asking for you boys since she woke up. I think it'll give her some piece of mind to see you gentlemen. But she might be a tad out of it, the medicine in her IV tubes are to relax her, meaning she might find serious or neutral matters silly." The doctor opened the door and allowed the brothers in. When Dean entered after Sam, the doctor closed the door so the reunion could be priviate.

"Cate?" Sam said softly.

Your eyes opened and Sam could see whatever fear and sadness drain from your face. A smile graced your pale lips and you looked at the brothers like they put the stars in the sky.

"S'mammy," you slurred, "Dea."you slowly sat up and motioned for them to pull up chairs next to you, which they were quick to do.

"Ho- how are you guys?" You asked wincing as you turned to look at them.

"Don't strain yourself too hard Cate." Dean said softly.

"We're fine, we're just worried about you now." Sam placed his large warm hand over your smaller chilly one.

You almost purred at the gesture and
Shook your head, "No, don't do that."
You closed your eyes and sighed tiredly, "Don't get worked up over me."

"Cate." Sam said in a stern yet gentle tone. "You were nearly killed, of course we're going to worry about you."

You giggled, "I'm alive silly!" You punched his arm playfully and turned to Dean. "Can you believe this guy?"

Dean nodded stoically, "Cate, we were scared to death of losing you."

The giggles stopped and you looked at the brothers more clearly, "Really?" They nodded. You slumped back into the bed.

"So what happened to the other guy?"

Dean was about to answer when Sam talked over him, "It was a hit and run, at least he called 911, otherwise they wouldn't have gotten to you in time." Sam glanced at Dean and automatic understanding settled between them, it's better to not get her worked up over something she'd blame herself for.

"So how long do I gotta stay in here?" You nudged Sam's arm.

"Not long," he shrugged, "but don't think when we get home that you'll be able to run loose. You'll be on strict bed rest, supervision by yours truly and the occasional Dean and/or Cas." Sam informed you.

You laughed and nodded,"And what if I put up a fight?"

Dean shook his head, a smirk present on his features, "In your condition? I'd be impressed if you could make it three feet from the bed."

"See?" Sam pointed to Dean, "he agrees, you need rest. For now, please just let us take care of you."

You nodded and let your head fall back on the pillow, "Whatever you say, Doctor Sammy."

===================

SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG.

TRINITY YOURS SHOULD BE UP IN A FEW DAYS PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR TAKING SO LONG.

YOU GUYS ARE SERIOUSLY THE BEST FOR PUTTING UP WITH MY BULLSHIT.