SamxReader: First Choice

You walked into the bunker, bags surrounding yourself, because two trips are for the weak. You cleared your throat and said, "Guys, I'm back."
You looked over the edge of the staircase and saw the two brothers sprawled out over their books and papers. "Guys?"

Dean nudged over a little bit, "Can we stop reading now?"

You went into the kitchen, "Were you reading before?" Silence. "Then keep reading!" You laughed.

"Can't we eat first?" Sam whined as he walked into the kitchen. Dean peeked in behind him, "We've been waiting for you to come back for hours, we're starving!"

"If you two hadn't had made the list so big I would've been home sooner!" You shook your head as you put away the groceries. Twenty bags sat on the table and were quickly sorted through with the help of the brothers.

"Where's the pie?" Dean asked as the last bag was sorted through.

"They didn't have any, but I bought ingredients so we could make one." You looked over your shoulder.

"No need." A gravely voice said. You all turned around and in the center of the kitchen was Cas. He was holding a bright pink box labeled 'Dawn's Sweet Tooth.'

You let a loose goofy smile grace your lips. You'd had the biggest crush on Cas for as long as you could remember. His dark sex hair, his bright blue eyes, his kind heart, his rough warm hands. You couldn't find a single thing about him that wasn't a turn on.

"Great timing Cas," Sam laughed, "I thought Dean was going to throw a bitch fit."

You laughed as you saw Dean blush bright crimson, "Thanks Cas."

"You're welcome, Dean." the angel blushed too. Wait, what? Why was Cas blushing?

Sam nudged you and tilted his head towards the library. You kept your eyes on the two men as you followed Sam out. You felt strange since they didn't even notice you leaving. Sam spun you around to face him once you were both well away from the kitchen.There was a shit eating grin breaking across his face.

"I can see what's happening." he said.

"What?" You asked.

"And they don't have a clue!" He was almost excited.

"Who?" You raised an eyebrow.

"They'll fall in love and here's the bottom line, our trio's down to two."

"Are you seriously quoting The Lion King?" You find it hard to sound disappointed.

"Don't you see the fucking obvious? Dean is gay as hell for Cas!" He whispered so the 'happy couple' wouldn't hear. Despite the whisper, you were sure that everyone within a hundred miles heard your heart shatter.

Dean and Cas? In love? When did that happen?

You thought back to all the secret whispers, all the shared laughs and it all made perfect sense. Your best friend was in love with your crush. You couldn't breathe. Why did this always happen? The minute you developed a crush on someone, they fell in love with someone else.

Sam saw the sad look in your eyes, "What's wrong?"

You swallowed the lump in your throat and gave a fake smile. "Nothing. I'm just happy for them." But you should've known that he wouldn't have believed you.

"Bullshit." he says a little too harshly, "What's wrong?"

You rolled your eyes, "Sam, it's nothing." His outburst gave you a chance to will the tears away.

"Y/n, you don't get upset over nothing." He folded his arms.

"It's just childish." you pouted.

"You're childish?" He scoffed, "Yeah right."

"I'm serious, Sam." you huffed and fell into the couch.

"So am I, what's bothering you?" He sat next to you.

"I like Cas." you mumbled.

His face fell, "What?"

"I like Cas, okay?" You threw down a pillow and abruptly stood up. You began to storm out of the room but Sam grabbed your arm.

"Y/n, wait-" he began.

"No Sam, this happens everytime! Every time I even remotely start to like someone, they get taken." you sigh and rip your arm away.

"Not every time." it's almost a whisper.

"What was that?" you raise an eyebrow.

"Someone out there does like you, you know?" He gave a small smile.

"Who?" You ask, "Who is stupid enough to like me-"

"Now just a minute-"

"No Sam! I don't wanna be someone's second choice. I wanna be-" you fall back on the couch. "I want to be someone's first choice."

"And you are, you just don't see it yet. And that's okay." He sat next to you and placed his hand on your knee.

"But what if I never meet anyone?" You moped.

He looked at you with something you'd never seen in his eyes. "What if you already have?"

"What do you me-" then it hit you. You looked at Sam and saw the hinted adoration in his eyes. "You? You like me?"

"I may not be your first choice," he rubbed his hands together. "But I'd really like it if you could give me a chance."

You sat back and a goofy smile fixed itself on your lips. Sam Winchester, your best friend, liked you. You thought of how kind and selfless he was. How smart and devilishly handsome, how strong and wickedly funny. The words came out before you could stop them, "I'm not doing anything right now if you wanna go grab a beer. Maybe give the other love birds some privacy?"

Sam gave that boyish grin that made you melt, "Sounds great."

======================

I'm back!!

Okay, so I'm sorry this took so damn long, but I was in a rut these past few weeks since school started up again and I got a real official job. But I've been able to think to myself for a bit and while that could go two ways, it went the good way.

I guess I should explain how I get out of my ruts or depressions. I basically get into my little sister mindset where the boys are my older brothers. I know the little sister thing is cliche but it makes me feel better. And I like it better than being one of their girlfriends because (1) they could be my dad and (2) I have waaayyy too much respect for them (3) maybe I won't die ;-;

Also, a bonus to getting in that mindset is, I had a brainstorm of ideas so you can count on more than one little sister stories in a bit. So get ready guys!

So as always, thanks for reading and make sure to tell me what you guys thought!