Give Me a Sign

This is gonna be pretty sad but super sweet. Like I've said before, I'm really big on big brother/little sis stories.

ON WITH THE FEELS
========================
You couldn't feel anything. The last thing you remembered was a demon tracing around your mouth and asking questions you were refusing to answer. You don't quite remember what they were about, but something didn't feel right.

You try to sit up, but something stops you. You look up and see your brother Sam is making you lay back down. Dean is sitting at the foot of your bed with his head in his hands. You try to speak but something is blocking you.

Gauze is wrapped around your mouth, almost like a gag. You can feel it in your mouth too, but it isn't tight. Something feels strange, but you don't exactly know what. You're wearing a gray workout shirt and black drawstring pants, normally relaxation clothes for you, but this time you don't feel relaxed; it pissed you off to no end that something was wrong and you didn't know what.

You looked at Sam with big eyes, asking a question that hung in the air. He petted your hair and knelt down next to you. Dean looked up and you felt terror sink into your bones. His eyes were red and his cheeks were streaked with tears.

Dean did his best to not cry in front of you, it only freaked you out and made you worry. He tried to avoid doing that and putting that much pressure on you. So the fact that he's freely crying right in front of you;it's more terrifying than any angel or demon out there.

You shoot up again, and grab his arm; Asking if he was okay.

"Yeah ankle biter," you felt your heart break at this, "I'm gonna be better when you are." Dean hadn't called you that in years, he stopped when you turned twelve.

"You're safe, Y/n, we're at Bobby's." Sam said, still kneeling next to you.

You look around and recognize the old room. It was yours. Since John was frequent on leaving you and your brothers here while he went on hunts, Bobby thought it'd be best if you and your brothers had a room of your own. But you refused to sleep alone-being five at the time, you were afraid of the dark- and your brothers refused to let you out of their sight. So Bobby let you and your brothers take the attic since all the other rooms were only big enough to fit one person. You thought fondly of the summer that was spent solely on cleaning it out. A hundred spiders and a few live wasp nests later, the attic was complete.

Dean sleeps against the wall,furthest from the stairs, Sam slept nearest to the stairs since he's a middle-off-the-night bathroom hog. You slept in between the two, underneath the sky light. You stayed up late to make sure all the stars stayed put, which Sam and Dean got a kick out of when they were teenagers.

But now, they weren't laughing. This was a serious moment and your anxiety was amping up. Sam kisses your head gently and wraps his long arms around you. Dean places a warm hand on your knee and lowers his head and his body starts to shake with silent sobs.

You stand up in terror. All this emotion freely flowing from your brothers, something was definitely not right. Your brothers stood up too.

"Y/n, please just lay down." Sam pleaded.

"We'll explain, just please take it easy." Dean begged.

You shook your head forcefully, tears threatening to fall from your eyes. You pointed to your mouth, desperate for answers. The feeling that something was wrong was replaced with the feeling of something missing.

Your brothers looked between each other, sharing a look of defeat. Sam looked at you in despair, "Y/n, do you remember the demon?"

You nodded slowly.