ReaderxBrothers: Boys are Stupid

You're a Winchester. You're a hunter. You're able to flip a vampire over your back and stab a Wendigo without even flinching. You can fill a ghost with rock salt with your eyes closed. You'd chased off more demons than you can count. You're tough as nails and a natural born leader. So let's get one thing straight, you are not crying over a stupid boy.

Sam and Dean knew about him and so did Cas. Your older brothers liked him well enough; after all, he seemed nice. And he was. Cas was weary of him, but you'd assumed that was him being overprotective.

You almost didn't believe it when Cas had told you Tanner wasn't a good guy. You'd asked him to explain and his only reason was, 'He doesn't seem fit to date you."

In the grand scheme of things, you know should have listened. Then you wouldn't be crying on your bed, waiting for the heartbreak to kill you. Your brothers had gone out to a bar, blaming themselves for your sudden, unexplained depression. You didn't have the heart to tell them. They'd barge in his house and break every bone in his body. He was nothing but honest and you were grateful. Him breaking up with you seemed much better than him cheating.

His reasoning was that you were too different and growing apart. You're bold and outgoing, he was more quiet and reserved. The fact he said it to your face was pretty damn ballsy, so you found it difficult to be angry with him. You were more angry with yourself for scaring him off.

Then he said it. The one sentence no girl wants to hear in a breakup.

"On the bright side, you have a great personality.

So that how you got in your current situation. Allow me to explain (srsly tho listen up fuckboys) no girl in her right mind wants to hear that. Saying that is like saying she doesn't have one. And that's what's got you down.

The mood of the room and the weather outside fit your mood perfectly. The curtains were drawn and the rain outside thundered loudly against your window pane. The storm offered a low blue grayish light that seeped through the crease of the curtain.

One of your brothers knocked on the door, considering you'd been there all day which was very unlike you. You rubbed your runny nose on your pillow and wiped the tears away with your sweater sleeve. You wiped your face and drank the water on your nightstand. But nothing could hide the pain and sadness in your voice. "C'm in." You wiped your nose as it started to run again.

Dean peaked his head in and let the hallway light creep into the dark room. gave you a sympathetic smile, "Hey kiddo. Mind if we infiltrate your life!?"

"You always do." You rolled over and mumbled regrettably.

"Hey kid." You heard Sam say, "you wanna talk?"

Part of you wanted to yell at your brothers to fuck off. A larger part reminded you that it wasn't their fault and they were only trying to help. You curled up into a ball as your brothers sat at the end of your bed. You wanted to make yourself as small and quiet   as possible. You didn't want to annoy anyone and you weren't in the mood for your regular shenanigans. You curled up defensively, as if to say no.

"What up anklebiter?" Dean poked your back. "Was it something we did?"

"No." Your nose was still stuffy.

"Did we say something?" Sam moved his large hand over your bangs.

"No." You burrowed your head away from his delicate touch. "Go away. Both of you."

"Y/n." Dean chided. "What going on?"

You sighed and took your face away from the pillow. "I have a great personality." You sneered.