❦︎ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 29 ❦︎

"I'M TAKING THIS SKATEBOARD AWAY FROM YOU UNTIL YOU
GET YOURSELF TOGETHER"

"I'M TAKING THIS SKATEBOARD AWAY FROM YOU UNTIL YOUGET YOURSELF TOGETHER"

after their small break, the guys continued their practice until it was officially time for them to go home

after their small break, the guys continued their practice until it was officially time for them to go home. "n/n, tsumu and i can't walk home with you today. we're gonna practice a bit more at the park." osamu exited the gym seeing y/n standings by the door like usual to wait on the three members of her friend group. "you guy's are gonna overwork yourselves" y/n said with a bit of worry in her tone. 

atsumu also exited the gym, reassuring her of their safety. "we do this all the time before games. were used to it so don't worry" atsumu smiled. y/n gave the twins a shared hug before hearing the voice of hikari approach them. "awww" she smiled, interrupting the small silence of the lasting hug that the three shared. "suna, can you walk y/n home? it's getting late" atsumu asked the middle blocker. 

"no"

everyone looked at y/n with a questioned expression, even hikari. "aren't you and hikari hanging out?" y/n questioned, trying to resurface suna's indirect promise to the girl. "oh yeah, the café place closes early too. we should go before then" hikari smiled to suna. atsumu and osamu were about to speak more words of concern until y/n interrupted them. "relax. i used to walk home by myself when i went to nekoma. I'll be fine". y/n smiled. taking slow steps backwards in the direction to get to her home.

"text us when you get home then" 

♧♧♧

during the entirety of y/n's skate home, she wasn't necessarily focused on her surroundings and safety. her mind was elsewhere and she was surprised over the fact that when she finally snapped back into reality, the front door of her home was in her field of vision. it was almost as if she was on auto-pilot. y/n stepped off of the board, holding it in her hand instead as she walked up to the door of her home, opening it with the spare key in her pocket. 

"hey mom" y/n said as she entered the home, removing her shoes at the door. "hey hun, how was your day?" she asked. y/n mumbled a response of "fine" before heading straight for the stairs so she can enter her bedroom. however, her actions were stopped when her mom called her name. "yes, mom?" y/n responded, turning around. "can you make dinner tonight? the twins want that soup that you usually make for them." her mother said. 

y/n nodded before turning around to get up the steps but once again her movements were interrupted by the shout of her name, suddenly sending a shiver though her body. "what's gotten into you recently? you've been so distant and turning a cold shoulder to everyone" her mom confronted. y/n knew that it was probably true but she never knew that it was so apparent that it was becoming a huge problem. once again, y/n's mind went blank as she tried to wrack her brain to think of an answer. 

"say something, y/n? you need to stop going to bed so late and wasting time skating, playing games, and doing whatever unnecessary things. it is that you're doing" her mother's tone was raising and it only sent more frustration to her when y/n wasn't responding. "you know what?" her mom approached y/n's figure taking the skateboard out of y/n's hold with a rather aggressive yank. "mom, really?" y/n finally spoke feeling the weight of the familiar item leaving her hand. 

"I'm taking this skateboard away from you until you get yourself together" 

"you're getting distracted by all these unnecessary things. you have responsibilities and you need to put them first" y/n stared at her mom, liquified emotion resting on her lower lash-line. "can i go to my room now?" y/n questioned, not bothering to wait for an answer before turning around. "remember to make the twin's food when it's dinner time". her mom reminded, sighing when y/n's figure finally made it up the stairs and into her room. "y/n, are you okay?" kazuya asked as she was about to close her door. 

"yeah, of course. just give me a minute" y/n smiled when the boy nodded, making her finally close her door. she lazily threw her body onto her bed before placing her headphones over her ears, drowning out her surroundings and in hopes that it'll also drown out her thoughts. she only realized that the attempt was futile when her tears finally fell onto her pillow, the fabric absorbing all evidence of her expressed emotions. 

♧♧♧

soon, night came down. y/n looked through her window, seeing that it was basically pitch black, the only source of illumination being the street light. using the hem of her t-shirt, y/n wiped her eye's from the sleep and tears that resided. y/n stood up, leaving her room to enter the one across from hers. the shared bedroom of her little siblings. "you guy's up?" y/n asked, her voice a bit hoarse. both nozumi and kazuya were building a lego set but they stood up when the voice of their sister alerted them. "n/nnnn!" nozumi smiled, hurrying to her figure to give the y/n a hug. 

"come on, let's go make you guy's dinner" 

y/n left the room, walking downstairs while kazuya and nozumi followed behind. "where's mom?" she asked, seeing that the living room and kitchen were empty and dim. "she just went up to her room to go to sleep. she said that she has work early in the morning" kazuya said with an monotone. y/n hummed, nodding to his information before the three entered the kitchen. the twins sat at the island as they watched y/n make their favorite dish when it came to dinner. 

"where's the twins and sunarin?" nozumi asked. "suna's with a friend and the twins were practicing for an upcoming game of theirs" y/n informed, taking out the needed ingredients and placing then on the kitchen's counter. "suna has friends other than you and the twins?" kazuya asked, jaw visibly dropped, making y/n laugh. she shrugged, igniting the stoves flame as she placed a pot of water over it. "i was surprised too". 

♧♧♧

after they finished eating dinner, y/n exchanged a few words of 'goodnight' to the twins as they entered their bedroom to get some rest for the night. she closed the door behind herself, entering her own room and doing the same. y/n sluggishly made her way onto the comforts of her own bed, getting under the covers and pulling them over her body. after a long day, exhaustion was taking over her eye's and frame. she remembered that she'd forgotten to text the twin's that she did make it home safely, making her reach for her phone.

as her eye's only became heavier by the minute, fatigue took over, stopping her from even unlocking her phone. 

why did writing this make me sad

FUCK IT WE BALL THO, TY FOR READING ILY GUYS  SM >_< 

🫶😘😥😭😍😁😘🫶