❦︎ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 52 ❦︎

"IT'S...JUST A LITTLE CRUNCH"

JUST A LITTLE CRUNCH"

"sunarin" y/n mumbled, eye's blinking open as a charred scent began to fill her nostrils

"sunarin" y/n mumbled, eye's blinking open as a charred scent began to fill her nostrils. suna's eye's shot open from her confused tone and when his eye's met her's, he stood up, hurrying to the kitchen. there he saw nozumi and atsumu facing him as they tried to hide what was on the counter. y/n soon followed in, sluggish and confused. "did you let them burn, tsumu?" suna sighed, walking closer to the blonde to look over his shoulder.

"it's...just a little crunch"

"CRUNCH? TSUMU, IT'S FUCKING CHARRED" 

he heard y/n snort behind him and when he turned around to face her, he rolled his eyes. "you know that means no cupcakes for you, right?"

her smile slowly faded to a frown as she said a quick "oh". atsumu reached for a cupcake, peeling the wrapper from the side before taking a bite that required a lot more force than he expected. it practically crumbled and the crumps fell from his mouth like ash. "what the fuck-" his eyes widened as he quickly grabbed a water bottle from the fridge to wash down the scorched taste from his tongue. 

"what time is it?" nozumi asked, laughing at atsumu as he repeatedly attempted to clear his throat. "seven am"

"i'll remake them," suna started, as he saw her saddened face. his gaze then shifted to atsumu who has a devious smile on his lips. "on my own". he frowned with an eyeroll before mumbling something in nozumi's ear. the two scurried off to suna's room to see what osamu and kazuya were up to while y/n rubbed the sleep from her eye's. "our break is almost over" she sighed, taking a seat at the kitchen island. 

"mhm, coach is gonna kill us" he muttered mostly to himself as he gathered the ingredients for the cupcakes once again. "you have to practice on the breaks too?" y/n's jaw almost dropped and when suna turned around to face her, a smile etched onto his lips. "yeah, but i risked it all to spend time with you. you should be grateful." 

"that's half right and half wrong because you got sick so you couldn't practice even if you wanted to"

"yeah, but i would've forced myself" he rolled his eyes. "you couldn't even force yourself to kiss-" suna cut y/n off with a glare and she couldn't help but laugh at his poorly hidden embarrassment. 

♧♧♧

"i hate this already" y/n groaned into her palms as they made their way down the hallway and into their shared classroom. "you'll be fine" osamu smiled, wrapping and arm around y/n's shoulder. she sighed before he let his arm drop since he got distracted by atsumu's shocked gasp when he stood in the classroom's door frame. "what happened?" y/n questioned. "hikari...what the fuck are you doing?"

once y/n and suna stood in the doorframe to let their gazes scan the room, there they saw hikari getting pushed away by atsumu. "she tried to kiss him to make suna jealous i guess....?" osamu mumbled quietly to y/n to let her in on the situation. "spoiler; it didn't work" he jotted on a few seconds later, making y/n struggle to hold back a giggle. "i can't believe you actually went through with dating her, suna" she groaned walking up to him to shove his chest. suna didn't budge and as he looked down at her with an unreadable look, tears pricked her eyes. 

"i liked you so much longer than she has. you even liked me back so it dosen't make sense that you chose her over me" she finally began to cry, voice breaking. "i tired everything to make you not fall for her. i kissed her infront of you, i framed her for making me cry, and i even failed my own assignment to make her seem stupid-"

"what?" suna's eyebrows raised. "that's why you got her a bad grade?....to make her seem stupid so i wouldn't like her?" hikari stood silent. suna's tone was quiet but sharp and effective. hikari nodded and at this point, y/n didn't want to say anything since she knew that anything suna said would affect her more than if it would come from her own voice. "what the hell is wrong with you?" he asked, voice sounding breathless yet cruel. 

"i-i thought it'd work-"

"well, it didn't, hikari. stop hurting y/n over the bullshit that you can't fix yourself."

hikari's eyes burned with tears as they reddened from pure hurt. she then glanced at y/n, mumbling a small "i'm sorry". and if y/n didn't know any better, she'd feel bad, but even now, she could tell that it was just another one of hikari's acts at making herself look good infront of suna. y/n only gave her a small nod and suna watched as her fist balled up by her sides. he gave her a glare, grabbing her wrist before leaning down next to her ear to whisper his next words. 

"if you hurt her over more bullshit mentally or physically," his hand tightened around her wrist on the last word. "i swear, hikari." and with that, he let go and left her with a look of surprise on her face. his words were quiet so no one knew what he said, but her. y/n awkwardly shifted between the two so she could take a seat at her usual spot. hikari's unsteady breathing was heard and it soon followed with quick footsteps fading from the classroom.

just on time, student's began to enter to the classroom and the twins took their seats while suna took his own next to y/n. "what did you say to her?" y/n questioned, looking over to the figure next to her. "that you were amazing and i'd be a dumbass to not like you".

"you didn't say that" y/n glared. suna smiled at her before holding back a laugh. "you're right; i didn't. but i do mean it." he nodded to her. she rolled her eyes, letting her head fall into both her palms face-first as a groan erupted from her out of embarrassment. "wanna go to that one cafe later?" this got her attention, and she lifted her head to face him. "are you buying?" her eye's lowered, he shrugged with an "sure" and y/n smiled excitedly. "i'll ask the twins if-"

"no, n/n. just us." suna interrupted. "oh" she said emptily as thoughts raced her mind. "ohhhh" now the situation was actually making sense to her. "is that okay?" suna questioned, a small panicked look in his eye's when she fell quiet. "yeah. of course, sunarin" she immediately answered and relief soon overcame the worry capsuled in his irises. 

HIIII i have good news and bad news

BAD NEWS FIRST; this book has one more chapter left and it'll finally come to an end and be completed 

THE GOOD NEWS HOWEVER, IS THAT THE NEW SUNA BOOK WILL BE OUT WITHIN THE NEXT WEEK ;D

anyways, i literally don't wanna end this book but in reality, there's nothing else to add in here and it's just getting drawn out a little bit more than i was planning. but a new suna book is in the making and you guy's can read that one after this is completed. 

ANYWAYS, TY FOR READING, I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER, ILY ALL SM MWAH <3