❦︎ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 38 ❦︎

"HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW?"

on the entire duration of their walk home, y/n held onto suna's wrist as a way to ground herself to reality

on the entire duration of their walk home, y/n held onto suna's wrist as a way to ground herself to reality. she didn't want to go home but she did trust suna enough to know that he had some kind of plan good enough to ease her current situation. despite that, she still didn't want to put herself through the unknown process.

"suna, i don't wanna go" she mumbled as they were easing closer into their neighborhood. "then when are you gonna go home? you'll have to go eventually" he said to her as he focused on the screen of his phone, texting the twins about their current situation. "technically..."

"y/n"

she sighed at his interruption and only held his wrist tighter when she handed suna the key to her home.  they were infront of the door and once suna unlocked it, they were met with her mothers figure who'd previously heard the fumbling with the doorknob. there was a smile of happiness on her lips as she greeted the two. they returned her greeting and there was a piercing silence until her mom broke it. 

"where's you report card, hun? nozumi and kazuya did excellent so you know I have high hopes for you too" she smiled. this only made y/n's heart ache more. she couldn't be squeezing suna's wrist any tighter and in all honesty, the lack of blood circulation was getting to suna but he decided to just let it happen and deal with the consequences later. "y/n..where is it?" her mom asked again.

y/n reached into her pocket, removing the folded paper that still had some damp spots due to her crying over the numbers that caused her this feeling of anguish. y/n's mother practically snatched it out of y/n's hand as she was 'taking too long' to unfold the paper herself. "mom-" she said as her mothers smiled immediately faltered. 

"a fifty-seven, y/n?"

y/n wanted to practically scream at suna for having her being in this situation right now. she could've avoided it for a bit longer but she listened to her heart instead of her head.  if only the world would open up beneath her feet, swallow her whole, and close, only to never be opened up again. y/n's eyes were teary as she held contact with the disappointed eyes of her mother.