❦︎ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 46 ❦︎

"IT'S A COLD. NOT THE PLAGUE"

 NOT THE PLAGUE"

as soon as the two exited the train, y/n got a call from kenma

as soon as the two exited the train, y/n got a call from kenma. she answered it, greeting him with a "hi, kenma", but was gifted with the panicked voice of her friend in return. "are you guys on your way back home now? we got a weather warning at it's starting to pour." he said, voice filled with a bit of concern and panic that was probably caused by the complaining kuroo in the background. she smiled, wiping a few raindrops form her face before replying. 

"yeah, were outside your house actually. open the door"

"are you really? is this a set up?" he asked suspiciously. despite this tone, y/n dropped the call, sliding her phone into her pocket when the front door to kenma's home was opened. he stood there in comfy attire as he made a motion with his hand to hurry the two inside. their clothing was drenched by the wrath of the rain and drops of water dripped form them and onto the floor as they slid off their shoes. y/n shivered from the unpleasant temperature but suna on the other hand, was as still as a brick.

"see? i told you guys!" bokuto scolded, approaching the two. suna removed his drenched hoodie that was becoming more and more uncomfortable by the second. he allowed the clothing article to drop onto the floor before he made his way to the bathroom. the twins now approached y/n's shivering figure as she questioned where suna was going. "probably to shower. believe it or not but suna get's sick so easily. if he stays in wet clothes for more than five minutes. boom. bedridden for a whole week" atsumu said, eye's following the middle blockers figure. 

"speaking of. you should do the same, n/n" bokuto said, making y/n nod. she looked over at kenma, making a gesture to the hallway. "i can use the guest bedroom, right?" she questioned, smiling through chattering teeth when he muttered an 'of course'. 

she hurried off to the shower and kenma picked up suna's drench hoodie before walking over to the wash room to give it a spin cycle in the dryer. 

♧♧♧

after getting dressed, y/n went to the living room to regroup with the rest of her friends. she made her way to the area, atsumu and osamu sitting on the floor infront of the couch that suna was seated on. they were looking at different volleyball highlights of their old games while bokuto and kuroo were playing a game on the console. kenma and akaashi on the other hand were in the kitchen looking for a small snack. y/n took a seat next to the twins on the floor as they made space for her in-between themselves. 

"so...?" atsumu started, pausing the video before his eyes flickered between y/n and suna. "so what?" y/n asked, confusion in her tone and reflecting onto her features. "suna wont budge when i ask him. so im asking you. what happened at the skatepark?" atsumu asked. y/n looked at suna, leaning her head back to see his upside down face. his cheek rested in his palm and he looked down at y/n with a lazy gaze. she looked up, and over to osamu who had just as much curiosity in his eyes. 

she was in thought for a few seconds before shrugging. "what the hell does-" atsumu made a shrugging motion with his own shoulders. "-mean?". y/n looked at suna, desperate for his help. she was annoyed that he clearly knew that, but decided to keep quiet for his own enjoyment. she groaned, putting her face into both of her palms before hearing suna mutter. "we cleared things up between us." he finally said. relief washed over her but so did anxiety when she didn't hear anything from the twins. she looked up from her palms to see that there was a huge grin on their lips. "dude, hikari's gonna be pissed." y/n almost wanted to throw pillows at them.

so she did.

the twins groaned from the sudden collision and before she could laugh at the two, she heard suna let out a quiet sneeze before sniffing. y/n's eye's darted to examine his face. his eyes watered from the sudden action and he only raised an eyebrow when he saw y/n's look of concern that was clearly directed towards himself. "what?" he questioned, a bit confused. 

"are you sick?"

"no, but I'm tired" he mumbled, shuffling to stand up. y/n frowned at his clear cover up. she was about to force him to explain the truth but she choked on a cough at his unexpected words. "are you coming?" he asked. y/n looked at the twins and they were now distracted by bokuto and kuroo's intensifying game. suna waited for y/n as she took careful steps towards him. as they were walking down the hallway, y/n stopped when suna went into the washroom to retrieve a hoodie from the dryer.

"what the hell?" y/n stood there puzzled as to where the middle blockers sudden super powers allowed him to summon his clothes to his own will. "kenma dried it for me" he clarified, handing y/n the warm hoodie. the comforting temperature almost possessed y/n to drag the hood on over her head but she took in suna's figure. "you're the sick one. you should wear it" she said, handing it back to him. he declined it, walking towards kenma's room, giving y/n no choice but to put it own due to his stubbornness. 

"then if I'm so sick, you can't sleep next to me. you'll catch it too." 

"it's a cold. not the plague" 

♧♧♧

"why is your immune system so shit, dude?" atsumu groaned when suna sluggishly walked into the kitchen, hands drawn inside of his hoodie while he sat at the island next to y/n. she'd woken up earlier but decided to let him sleep in, despite the fact that it was past noon already. "it's not shit. we stood in the rain for at least half an hour. im sorry my body functions properly" he said through a hoarse voice caused from both his recent awakening and the slight irritation in his throat. 

"ugh, you're so moody and grumpy when you're sick." atsumu groaned, sliding a teacup infront of suna. "drink this so I wont have to deal with this alter-ego" suna stretched an arm through his empty hoodie sleeve, taking the cup into his hold before sipping the continents of the it. "thanks, tsumu" he said with a bit of reluctance.

"where's everyone else?" suna questioned, looking over to y/n and then back at atsumu. "kenma and samu went to the convince store for snacks and bokuto and akaashi took the train back home earlier this morning. suna nodded, mostly too himself. "were cutting our stay here short since you decided to get sick" 

atsumu laughed when suna sent him a small glare. "i already packed up your stuff. were leaving this evening..right, tsumu?" suna nodded when atsumu confirmed y/n's question with a nod of his own. 

"got it."

could u tell writers-block was kicking my ass during this whole chapter? IM SORRY IF IT CAME OUT SHITTY BUT IT HAPPENS SOMETIMES LMAO 

ty for reading thooo, ily all mwah mwah :p