❦︎ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 50 ❦︎

"BUT ATLEAST IT'S YOUR BOOK. ADD MORE PAGES AND YOU CAN FIX WHATEVER YOUR'RE NOT HAPPY WITH."

y/n entered her home and was immediately met with the voice of her frustrated mother

y/n entered her home and was immediately met with the voice of her frustrated mother. she'd simply forgotten to do the dishes, but due to her mother having a bad day at work, the situation was completely blown out of proportion. "mom, I'm sorry. it slipped my mind today since i was busy with the twins and taking the soup to suna." she apologized, taking a step back from her mom when the woman stood a bit too close.

"y/n i know you care about suna a lot, but your life and priorities come first and if that's how it's going to be with you, i'm going to forbid you from being with him at all."

y/n kept quiet. she didn't know if saying anything would worsen the situation, but her chest burned just enough for her to place a palm over the area. her mothers word's hurt and she was used to that, however, threatening to take away the things that she loved hurt even more.  she apologized once more and her mother was annoyed at her lack of retaliation. she wasn't yelling back like she used to, not bothering to argue with her claim, and her eye's were as dry and cotton balls.

ever since they moved back to this neighborhood, y/n seemed to shut down completely when it came to expressing emotions around her mother. she was afraid of how they could be used against her in any way, shape, or form. anger could be used as disrespect, sadness could be used as being too sensitive, and happiness could be used as she having too low of a standard and being satisfied with the bare minimum. since y/n knew this, she closed off all three of those and their subgroups which placed her where she was right now.

washing the dishes as her dried tears felt tight against her facial features, she remembered what her mother said on the phone before she'd come over to their home.

'"i've been meaning to mention this to you for a while now y/n," she started as y/n entered the kitchen of suna's home. she pressed the phone against her ear, not wanting to miss a single word. 'but you're being careless with your life and future. you're hanging out with friends who have dreams and plans. they can do anything they want since they have their heads on their shoulders.' y/n sat down on the kitchen floor, pulling her knees to her chest as she listened to ever single word.