❦︎ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 32 ❦︎

"I'M PICKING UP THE RATS"

"samu, did you bring snacks today?" atsumu asked his brother, glancing at the school lunch and immediately feeling a sense of nausea

"samu, did you bring snacks today?" atsumu asked his brother, glancing at the school lunch and immediately feeling a sense of nausea. he shook his head and the twins both looked over to y/n who was silently enjoying her (favorite snack). "no" she quickly said, stopping them of their soon to come question. "come on y/nnn, that's mean" they frowned at her rejection until she handed them some pocket change. 

"here, get something from the vending machine. I'm not sharing this" 

y/n felt a small amount of pity for them when their pleading eye's got the best of her. "can you get me something too?" suna asked atsumu as he stood up from his seat. "she didn't give me enough for more than two snacks". y/n now looked at suna, rolling her eye's with a sigh when he also gave her pleading eyes. she reached into her pocket, handing atsumu more change. "me too!" hikari now joined the bandwagon. 

with an immediate voice of no emotion, y/n mumbled, "sorry, that's all the change i have" shrugging when hikari's expression faltered into one of disappointment. "will you share with me, rin?" hikari asked the middle blocker who had his head resting on the table as some fatigue resided within himself. he hummed in response, mumbling a "sure". y/n glanced at hikari as she smiled before turning on her phone to distract herself in the mean time. 

when the screen of hikari's phone illuminated her features, y/n saw a peak at her lock screen. it was a  familiar picture. the one that she'd seen on hikari's highlight photos a few days ago. the one where she was holding hands with suna. the familiar ring on the hand, giving her a hint of the face behind it. y/n looked up at hikari's face, seeing as hikari looked away almost immediately. she had purposely kept her phones screen in y/n's field of vision. 

y/n looked away before unscrewing the cap of her water bottle, taking a sip. suna glanced up from his rested position when atsumu returned with a hand full of purchased snacks. he handed everyone their own, thanking y/n once again at the considerate gesture for her friends. she nodded, giving him a small smile. "are you coming to the game, y/n?" hikari asked. 

"yeah, I'm gonna try to make it" 

"no, you're gonna be there." osamu corrected. y/n looked at the grey heard individual, a bit shocked at his sternness. "whatever" she playfully sighed at his words.