❦︎ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 39 ❦︎

"I CAN HEAR YOU OVERTHINKING FROM HERE. STOP" 

 STOP" 

the sudden temperature change from the chilly outdoors to the warmth of suna's room felt oddly comforting to y/n

the sudden temperature change from the chilly outdoors to the warmth of suna's room felt oddly comforting to y/n. she turned around to shut his window which brought the dimmed atmosphere of his room to be current state that she'd have to deal with tonight. y/n's glanced over at suna, seeing that he was basically half asleep.

before y/n's fatigued brain functions could differentiate good ideas from bad ideas, she was already taking a seat next to suna on the edge of his bed. she did feel slightly awkward since she never really spent an entire night over at suna's home, alone. better yet, sleeping in the same bed as the middle blocker. she heard some fumbling before she felt suna's arm snake around her waist, pulling her closer towards himself.

"i thought you were sleeping" y/n mumbled. suna hummed as he reached for a discarded pillow that was thrown at the edge of his bed. he place the pillow next to his before motioning for y/n to lay down. she did so and due to her tense frame, suna decided to release her from his hold and instead, keeping his arms tucked under his pillow. y/n was staring up at the ceiling, lost in thought until she remembered that she was supposed to text the twins about how things went with her mom. 

pulling her phone from her pocket, she held the screen above her face as she strained her eye's at the sudden light. "turn your brightness down, y/n" suna mumbled. she glanced over to suna, only using her eyes, fearing to move an inch to disrupt the exhausted figure next to her. she mouthed a quick 'sorry' before doing what suna asked. she then tapped away at her phone, explaining a brief summary of how the situation went. 

a silence overcame she and suna and it was honestly the most at peace that y/n's been at all day. she couldn't be more grateful. "y/n" the sudden call of her name in the complete midst of silence startled her, causing her phone to slip from her hand before 'safely' landing in the middle of her face. 

y/n covered her face with both hands before silently crying out a continues stream of "ow's". she heard suna trying to stifle a laugh, making her pull her hands away to glare at him. she saw his smile.  his rare and genuine smile and her gaze faltered, unable to hold up a facade of annoyance when it was clearly being ruled by admiration. "sorry, sorry. let me see" he mumbled. y/n looked at suna as he examined her face for injuries. all he could see was the aftermath and reflex of her eyes watering since the hard object did hit her nose.