❦︎ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 44 ❦︎

"LOOK, HE'S ABOUT TO GET FUCKING LAUNCHED" 

"sunarin, do you have water?" y/n questioned, quiet pants leaving her lips as she approached suna's seating figure

"sunarin, do you have water?" y/n questioned, quiet pants leaving her lips as she approached suna's seating figure. he claimed that he wasn't in the mood to partake in their activities and after being called a 'party-shitter' from both y/n and the twins, he only sat on the bench to observe instead. y/n crouched down infront of suna as his elbows were resting on his knees. 

his chin was being supported by his right palm and he held his gaze with y/n as the straw of his water bottle rested against his lip. y/n smiled at him innocently, waiting for suna to give in and to her avail, he did. handing y/n the chilled bottle of water, she smiled happily, taking a sip from the plastic tube. y/n turned around to sit down, scooting herself in-between suna's legs while he rested his chin on top of her head, instead. 

they watched as their friends continued to play marco-polo while they jumped on the paired trampolines. it wasn't a good idea which was partially the reason why y/n dismissed herself from their game, yet she still didn't warn her friends of the dangers. "look, that kids about to get fucking launched" y/n chuckled with anticipation. bokuto was jumping on the same trampoline as one of the younger children and due to the uncoordinated movements, something was bound to happen. 

"y/n, don't jinx that"

y/n covered her mouth with a palm in an attempt to hold back her laugh but the action was practically futile when the collision happened and the kid was almost sent flying across the room. suna reached a palm around to place over y/n's when the adults were giving them disappointed looks. "y/n, shut up" suna whispered near her ear, making her go completely silent in seconds. they were quiet for a good minute until she snorted once more when the memory resurfaced. 

suna released his palm from against her lips as their friends began to approach their seated figures. "y/n, is that your water?" atsumu questioned, referring to the bottle that was encaged withing her hold. she shook her head, making a motion to suna, but she instantly regretted it when the blondes jaw practically dropped to the floor. "it's not like that" y/n mumbled, mostly to herself. she felt suna tense behind her and for some reason, she realized that her choice of words were probably the worst ones that could've escaped past her lips. 

"dude. I've never seen a woman so mad before" bokuto now approached them, interrupting the brief moment of uneasiness. "no shit. you flung her kid across the fucking building. what did you expect?" Kenma questioned sarcastically as he took a seat next to suna. this time, it was him who slightly laughed at the blondes wording. "I think it's time for us go." kuroo tapped akaashi's shoulder, discreetly pointing at the adults who's gazes weren't all that kind. 

akaashi sighed before humming in agreement. they informed everyone of their new plan and as they were leaving, the kid who got into the small accident approached their friend group. "hey! just so you know; that was freaking awesome and im definitely not being a baby and crying about it because it hurt and stuff." he said proudly. despite his words, everyone noticed the tears in his eyes and a small scratch on his finger. he was fiddling with a band-aid that he'd seem to have gotten from the nearby clinic and suna crouched down to the boy's height.

the kid took small steps towards the middle blocker, handing him the partially unwrapped item and suna made quick and gentle movement to securely wrap the plaster around his much smaller hand. "t-thank you" he mumbled hesitantly and he looked away, trying to wipe away the tears that slid down his cheeks. suna stood up, turning around as everyone stared at him with shocked gazes.

"suna, you're so sweet!" kuroo said with a proud and excited tone. "just because he has no personality doesn't mean he's a monster" kenma shrugged, holding his gaze with y/n as he indirectly said those words towards her. "that's not a complement kenma. good try though" y/n faked a smile ruffling the blondes hair with an eyeroll. "and you!" the kid suddenly says as they were about to walk away.

he pointed the bandaged finger to y/n's frame as she stood there, confused. "it wasn't funny. don't laugh at me" he frowned with a groan before pivoting on his heels to head back to the trampoline. 'brave kid' everyone thought. the twins forced themselves to hold back a laugh at y/n's confrontation, but they both received a slap to the back of their heads from said girl. "you're not a good example to others, y/n." kuroo said with a slightly scolding tone. 

"but, I'm useful as a bad example, right? teach kids to do the opposite of what I do" she smiled, using her own logic to bring herself some sort of excuse. y/n caught up with suna and kenma, lining up between their walking figures as she was shoulder-to-shoulder with them both. she glanced at kenma as he was eying the two with a clear gaze of suspicion and annoyance. "I'm gonna say it" kenma mumbled, catching both of their attentions.

"say what?"

kenma didn't reply but only stared at y/n deeply, giving her an indirect idea of what he was trying to get at when his gaze sharply switched to suna for a millisecond and returned back to y/n. "no." she said, with a warning tone. "3..." kenma started with a lazy tone as he removed his phone from his pocket. "kenma". she warned once again. "2...".

y/n sighed, taking a deep breath as she looked at suna who was entirely confused over their current situation. "1...suna, did you know that y/n-"

"sunarin. come to the skatepark with me later. this evening. or tonight. please" she said, interrupting kenma's words. he smiled happily and y/n resisted the urge to roll her eyes. when suna asked her "why?" she gave up on restraining and with a sigh, she closed her eyes and took a deep breath. "so I don't get kidnapped" she said. that was the best excuse that she could come up with for now, but she was somewhat satisfied when he nodded with a hum. 

"cool, because..i brought your skateboard. the minion one" he said as they finally approached the exit doors. 

"YOU DID?" 

"mhm. remember? i keep it by my house so your mom doesn't find out that you have another one separate from the one that she took from you..." he tried to refresh her memory and it worked in seconds. it wasn't something easy to remember, but it was something that she couldn't forget. "where is it?" she questioned, now filled with anticipation. "kenma's house. i left it in my bag." he answered, glancing up at the dim sky and clouds that threatened to leak it's tears upon them. "oh, thanks sunarin" she smiled before getting startled by bokuto's loud announcement.

 "guy's, we've got to hurry before it starts pouring!" 

TY FOR READING GUYYYSSS, I HOPE YOU ENJOYEDDD ILY ALL SO MUCH AND I LOVE WRITING FOR THIS BOOK, ITS SO FUN RAHHHHH

ANYWAYS, I HOPE THE SLOWBURN IS SCORTCHING HOT RN LOL

BUT FALL SEASON IS COMING UP SO BE READY FOR SOME COMFORT SCENES WEEEE

BYE BYEEE :D VOTE IF U ENJOYED MWAH!!