❦︎ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 41 ❦︎

"ARE YOU TIRED, SUNARIN?"

"take care of them while I'm gone, okay?" y/n said to her twin siblings

"take care of them while I'm gone, okay?" y/n said to her twin siblings. they nodded with a sad look on their faces when y/n was placing cheese and pudge back into their spaces. "I'm not leaving for long guys. you can even borrow mom's phone to call me if you want" she smiled, outstretching her arms to give the two a hug. "i want to hang out with your friends too" kazuya said with a quiet tone.

y/n nodded, standing up before slugging the strap of a bookbag onto her shoulder. "you will. were spending half of our break over at their house and half at our house. when we come back, they'll be coming back with us" y/n nodded once a small smile etched onto their faces. "you better not be lying, n/n." nozumi said as she followed y/n out of her room.

she went downstairs, the two following behind her. y/n saw that her mom was tidying up the kitchen since they'd just finish eating dinner. "are you leaving now, hun?" her mom asked, seeing that y/n had her packed bag slung over her shoulder. she nodded, walking up to her mother's figure before engulfing her into a hug. just as y/n was pulling back, her phone began to ring against her thigh in the pocket of her sweatpants. 

she answered the call and was met with the tired and annoyed voice of suna. "where are you? you said you'd be out by eight." he questioned. y/n glanced at the screen of her phone, seeing that it was ten minutes after eight pm. "I'm leaving my house now" she said to suna. he hummed and the phone call disconnected. "I'll text you when were there, mom" y/n said to her mother, giving her a small smile as she made her way towards the door. "okay, hun. have fun and be safe" 

y/n nodded once more, waving to she and the twins before closing the door behind herself. she made her way down the street of her neighborhood, seeing the three familiar figures sitting on the curb. she approached them, smiling at the conversing brothers and the half asleep figure of suna. "sorry for taking so long" y/n apologized as the twins stood up. they reassured her but she still remained unphased when suna's sleepy eye's looked up at her. 

"are you tired, sunarin?" she asked, holding a hand out to help pull suna up from the curb. he mumbled a small "yeah" as he nodded once. "you can sleep on the train. the walk to the station isn't too far, right samu?" she looked at the grey haired twin for confirmation and when he nodded, the four made their way to the station that they spoke of. 

♧♧♧

even though suna had said it himself, y/n didn't expect him to fall asleep so soon. they'd just taken their seats on the subway only five minutes ago and there suna was, sitting at the very end of the connected bench, arm folded and cushioning his head on the armrest. y/n was also tired but she was used to staying up within the late hours of the night. not on purpose, but just because she'd sleep in the mid-day, getting her rest when everyone else was busy in their early mornings and afternoons of their lives.

"n/n, you should get some sleep too" atsumu said to her. she shrugged, shaking her head at the suggestion. "what if we miss our stop. someone has to stay up and samu's already dozing off" y/n motioned to the blonde's lookalike. he patted atop y/n's head, motioning for her to get some rest and he would stay up for the three. "are you sure, tsumu?" with a frown, y/n felt guilt for leaving this responsibility on his shoulders and his shoulders alone.

"yes, n/n. I'm positive." he nodded, pushing her shoulder a bit, making her be a bit closer to suna. he was sitting at the end on the trains bench, y/n seated next to him, atsumu seated next to her, and his brother sitting next to himself which was also the opposite end of the bench. "if we miss our stop, don't put the blame on me" she sent him a small glare that faltered due to her exhaustion that suddenly crept up on her. 

there was a extended moment of silence and atsumu noticed how y/n's head was lolling,  struggling to keep itself up as her body began to relax within the quietly conscious state of her mind. she was beginning to fall asleep and he gently tilted her head to lean on suna's shoulder. it was slanted due to his current position but atsumu figured that it was better than nothing. "tsumu" his brother called. he hummed, looking over to his half asleep twin.

"did suna tell you anything earlier?" 

the blond nodded before letting out a sigh. "when you dropped y/n off at her house. he let loose a bit. shit's stressing him out for no reason" he rolled his eyes, suddenly remembering the stubbornness of the middle blocker that was also one of his closest friends aside from y/n. "is that why he's extra tired?" osamu asked, now sitting up to a more alert position. atsumu lazily nodded once again, sparing a glance at the two figures, making sure that they were asleep.

"he's never been like this. not even with hikari.." he was lost in thought before continuing. "i don't even think he liked hikari in such a way now that i think about it" he shrugged. osamu hummed, agreeing with his brother's words. "i don't wanna force them to make a move but I'm gonna force them to make a move". atsumu snorted at his brothers words, immediately regretting it when he saw y/n shift from the sudden noise.

"I'll stay up with you by the way." osamu sighed, rubbing at his eyes with the heels of his palms. "why?..." atsumu sounded suspicious of his brothers sudden offer to accompany him in the task of not falling asleep. "i cant trust you to stay up right now. you literally haven't blinked in the past three minutes" he said, tone slightly raising in volume due to annoyance. atsumu stayed quiet, forcing himself to blink a couple of times when he realized that osamu was probably right. his eyes did feel kind of dry. "whatever, samu"

♧♧♧

"hey, wake up you guys." osamu gently held y/n's shoulder to make her sit up. the imprint of her position on suna's shoulder left a mark on her cheek which made him stifle a laugh. suna's eye's fluttered open and y/n watched as he examined his surroundings, trying to remind himself of where he was. y/n checked the time of her phone, eye's suddenly wide open at the time displayed on her lock screen. 

2:00 am

"come on guys" atsumu called as he exited the train while osamu, suna, and y/n followed. "kenma said that he's waiting for us at his house" atsumu informed when the three caught up to his figure. "kenma lives close to here, doesn't he?" y/n questioned, massaging her temple to wake herself up from the lingering fatigue. "yup. it's like a five minute walk. it's late though so lets hurry." osamu answered. y/n was just now taking in her surroundings. not many people around at such a late hour of the night/morning. it was eerily feeling.

"what if we all got kidnapped right now.."

"y/n, stop." 

HELLOOOO, IDK WHAT TO SAY HERE TODAY

UHM, yeah

wait, ask smash or pass questions with inanimate objects. I wanna giggle and shit ;p

I HOPE U ENJOYED, TYSM FOR READING ILY ALL :D 

<333