6

"Morning Harry, need any help?" Delilah asked, sitting upon a bar stool in the Garrison which was completely empty.

"No that's okay" He shook his head, sweeping the floor. "Can i get you anything?" he asked her. "No, i'm just here to try do my crossword, house is too bloody loud" she sighed, causing the man to chuckle.

She pulled out the pen and paper and scanned the words.

"Hows ya father?" he asked, "and your mother, she happy hes back?"

Lilah nodded, staring down at the paper. "Hes been a bit of a prick lately, dont tell him that ive said that though"

Harry smiled, shaking his head.

The door opened, a blonde woman in a green coat entering. "Who are you?" Delilah asked.

"I'm here about the job as a barmaid" she spoke confidently. Harry stood straight, looking at her. "Are you mad?"

"Am i what?"

"Do you know about this place?" Harry asked. "I'd leave if i were you, wouldn't want to work here" Delilah bit the end of the pen.

"I saw it in an advertisement" she stepped forward.

"Jobs been filled"

"But it was in yesterdays paper" She stated. "Believe me love, i'm doing you a favour. You don't want to work here"

"I'm not asking for favours i'm asking for employment"

Delilah whistled at the girls tone.

"Your too..nice" Harry said. "How would you know" she asked. "Too pretty" Lilah nodded, looking her up and down.

"They'd have you up against a wall"

"I have experience" she stepped forward, pulling out paper. "And references"

He took them from her hand. "What part of Ireland are you from?"

"Galway"

Harry hummed. "I worked in Dublin" She said.

"My mother was from Galway" Harry smiled, "your too pretty"

"Watch" she took off her hat. "And listen"

The girl picked up a bucket and began singing. Delilah's eyes widened, grinning. She held back her laughs as the woman sang.

Harry and Delilah looked at each other, confused.

"In Ireland, my singing made them cry and stopped them fighting"

"Well, your not in Ireland now" Delilah stated. Harry scratched the back of his head. "I hope you know a lot of songs"

"Harry, you know he won't like that" Delilah whispered. "Who?" the blonde turned.

"I wasn't talking to you" Delilah hissed.

-

Delilah laughed at the movie being played on the projector as Arthur smacked her hand away from the popcorn. The laughter soon stopped when they were being dragged from their seats by Coppers.

"What the fuck, who are you" Arthur asked.

"Get your hands off me" Delilah kicked. "I'm Arthur fucking Shelby, ay you get your hands off her" he pointed as they dragged them away from the theatre.

-

Delilah watched as the man hit Arthur over and over again, blood flying everywhere. "Arthur Shelby, lead pack dog of the peaky blinders" another man walked in.