73

Delilah smiled at Ben Younger as he left Tommy's office after having a meeting with him. Tommy nodded at his daughter, allowing her to enter. "You wanted to speak?"

"Yes," she let out a breath, placing papers on the desk. "I've spoken to a business partner in Paris, Mr Smith, you may know him. He wants to pay £600,000 to import Shelby Gin into the country. He wants approximately 700 bottles" Delilah spoke.

"Alongside with the payment he will give for the import, we will receive 1/2 of the profit he makes from selling our liquor in his bars and clubs"

Tommy nodded, lighting a cigarette. "So that means in total of all our profit, you get majority of that to put back into the business" he told her. "The rest comes to the other parts of Shelby Company Limited. Well done, you seem to be fairly convincing, my girl"

"Well, you could say that" Lilah shrugged, her red hair falling over her shoulders.

"Also, one of my colleagues in New York have contacted me and apparently the new release of my dress line has gained quite the attention," She said, referring to her designer business.

He raised his eyebrows. "Really?"

"Yes, really. And i was thinking of sitting down with Ruby and getting her to design a piece herself for me to put into the shop"

Tommy laughed slightly at her enthusiasm.

Suddenly the windows behind Tommy caved in, a loud bang sounded outside. The pair ducked down and Delilah breathed heavily.

Tommy ran toward the door and she followed after him.

"Oh my god," she whispered, looking at the car that had been blown up. They both looked around and Delilah walked quickly to a young girl who lay on the floor. "Are you okay?" she asked, placing a hand under the girls back and helping her up.

The girl coughed and Delilah held onto her, walking her over to a woman who stood on the curb.

"What happened?" The woman asked. "Here you are," Tommy said, walking another young boy to the woman.

"Go inside," he told her.

Tommy's breath was shaky as he kneeled beside another boy beside the car. He looked up at Lilah. "The boys dead.."

-

Ada poured both her and Tommy a drink. "Let's sit down, Ada"

"What happened"

"Sit down, eh" he said, sitting at the table. "Ben Younger is dead." he said. "Someone put a bomb in his car. I don't know how you felt about him or how bad this is going to hurt but whatever happens just remember you have a a baby inside you"

She sat back. "God" she whispered. "Anyone you touch, which means anyone i touch, which means anyone any of us touch. He never knew i was pregnant, i hadn't told him. And i didn't love him, but i like him, he was decent and good. And i wasn't going to marry him" she sighed. "The baby was a mistake but that's okay because i didn't ask anything of him. God he didn't deserve us"

"Well i've spoken to his family they'll take care of the funeral. It will go down as an IRA assassination of a British military officer"

"And what was it really?" she sniffled.

"It was..a consequence of good intentions, my good intentions. I pushed him to report on the fascists i thought it was the right thing to do. And as a result, section D or the branch or intelligence for him killed"

She scoffed.

"There was a kid, died in the explosion. Ten years old. It's funny..isn't it? How it works" he stood.