13

Delilah and Reggie snuck through the streets of Small Heath trying not to be seen by and Blinders who were roaming around.

Over the past few days, the two had been sneaking around during the day and the night. It was clear that they had feelings toward each other, they were just too scared to do anything about it. Delilah had grown slightly annoyed at the boy due to the fact he had gotten himself involved with the Peaky business.

She didn't want him getting hurt, or worse, Tommy hurting him if he found out about them.

Reggie grabbed her hand, stopping her from going further. "What's wrong?" she asked.

He shook his head. "Nothing" he smiled. She raised an eyebrow, watching his eyes glisten underneath the moon.

"You trust me, yeah?" he asked and she nodded, her fingers grazing against his. He leaned in slowly, cupping her face. He gently kissed her soft lips. She kissed him back, holding the side of his jacket.

He pulled away and Delilah looked down, not allowing him to see her red face.

Reggie tilted her chin up. "What was that for?" she asked. He smiled. "Just because"

"Just because?" she repeated, laughing. He nodded. "Just because" he whispered.

"My mum likes you" Delilah said, fixing his hair. "Really?" he asked, smiling. She nodded.

-

Delilah ran down the stairs, looking at her father who sat alone in the kitchen. "Happy Birthday" he said dimly, standing up and wrapping an arm around her.

She hesitantly hugged him back, not being used to it.

Francis soon walked in, placing a cup of tea in front of Delilah and wrapping an arm around her from behind. "My little girl is all grown up" she teased.

"Where is everyone?" she asked. "They'll be here soon" Francis said, grabbing a box from the living room.

"Happy birthday, my girl" she smiled.

Delilah grinned widely, opening the box. Her lips parted as she looked down at the necklace. She turned it over and saw the name 'Lilah' carved into it. Delilah looked at her. "I remember somebody got if for us when you were first born, it was your fathers idea to give it to you"

"Thank you" she nodded,

Delilah pursed her lips into a line before embracing Tommy once more. Neither of them got a chance to say anything because John and Arthur had bounced in.

"Happy Birthday" they shouted. She smiled, pulling away from Tommy.

"Off me an Esme" John handed her a stack of money. "Buy yourself something nice"

"And off me, a bottle of whiskey" Arthur presented, handing her the bottle. "Arthur" Tommy scolded.

"Dad, i'll share it with Reggie, Ron and Luke, please" she pleaded. He bit his tongue at the mention of the three boys. He knew she was friends with them, but didn't approve. Francis smiled at the efforts the girl was making toward her father.

"Fine" he huffed.

Time had passed and they all continued working in the betting den, writing things down.

"Hello, love" Polly said, making her jump. "I left you something upstairs," she said, walking past her and into Arthur's office.