37

Isiah stood beside Finn, patting down three men and leading them to Arthur and John at a table. "You asked for a meeting out in the open" Arthur nodded. "Fresh air and the fine aroma of shit"

"Neutral ground you said"

"This is hardly neutral ground" the man, Vincent, spoke. "Well, it's what you've got" Arthur argued. "So, por favor" he smiled sarcastically. "Sit down" John pointed his head down, laughing at his brother. "Where is Thomas?" Vincent's asked. "He got called away" John said.

"He'd said he'd be here" the man shook his head.

"I just told you he got called away. What do you want" John asked.

The men remained standing, looking about.

"There has been a peace between the Peaky Blinders and the Changretta family for two years now" Vincente began. John and Arthur looked at each other.

"Do you want some tea or not?" John interrupted. "Here, Finn, pour the Italians some English tea. Go on"

"We don't want fucking tea" he shouted, his accent strong. "We want an explanation"

"Well i'll have fucking tea" Arthur shrugged, pouring himself a cup. "Explanation for what" John asked, "The little Venice Restaurant on Forge Street was burnt down" the man said.

"No, no, couldn't have been us, we was at a wedding" John said. "You burnt it down to stop my son from being at that same wedding"

"Yeah, he wasn't missed" Arthur whispered, staring at the tea.

John laughed slightly.

"You are such big boys now" The Italian said. "But once you borrowed clothes from us to look like men"

There was a moment of silence.

"How's the tea, Arthur? Is it-" Arthur chucked the tea on the floor. "It's cold" he shrugged. "Please tell Tommy, that we pay him whatever he asks us to pay. We stay out of the city and off the tracks."

"But you tell him from me, that my son will walk with any woman in this city, even if she works for the emperor Thomas Shelby"

A grin sat on Johns face as the man continued rambling. John snorted, "Sorry, do excuse me" he pulled his hat over his face. "Carry on"

"If he wishes, he will walk with the woman he loves" he repeated. "Okay" John nodded, closing his eyes.

He leaned forward, grabbing the tea pot.

"You know, it would be hard for your son to walk anywhere with a bullet in each knee wouldnt it" John asked.

The man leaned back.

"Too much" the man whispered. "You said too much my friend"

Vincente smashed up a chair, "Okay, bit strong" John mocked.

"Isiah" Arthur said, "put two extra men on our pubs in Nechells"

"What are you talking about Arthur, we're not scared of fucking Eyeties anymore."