24

Lilah rushed through Garrison lane, anger flooding through her. Her cheek stung, growing red. Delilah stopped outside the Smiths, banging on the door.

"Fucking hell it's one in the bloody morning" Ron opened the door. "Oh ello Lilah" he placed his hands in his pocket. "Please, come in"

She stepped inside. He squinted, looking at her face. "Now who did that?" he asked. She took a deep breath.

"No go on, who did it?"

"My dad" she whispered. "Now that's not nice of him at all, is it?" he hissed. Ron looked through the gap in the door where Reggie sat. "Oi, Reg, look who it is" he pushed the door open.

"Delilah" he smiled, standing up. "What happened to your face?" he frowned, touching her cheek. "Her father did that, Reggie" Ron licked his lips. Isiah who sat beside the boy let his mouth fall open.

Ron was angry, angry that Tommy had laid a hand on his own daughter.

Reggie looked over to Ron, clenching his jaw. Ron looked at his brother, nodding, knowing what Reggie was thinking. He grabbed his coat, leaving the house. "Where are you going?" she shouted. "Wheres he going?"

"I think he's going to pay Tommy Shelby a little visit" Ron sighed. " But don't worry, come on, come sit, i'll make you some tea" Ron ushered, moving and letting the girl sit.

Ron left the room, walking to the kitchen.

"He's going to kill him, my dad will kill him" she panicked. "I'm sure he won't" Isiah assured her. "No" she whispered, shaking her head. "He will,"

She rushed to the door, Isiah going after her. "Delilah" he shouted as she ran as quick as she could to the house on Watery Lane. She froze when she heard a gun sound. Her and Isiah locked eyes. "Reggie" she shouted, bursting into the house. She froze when she saw the boy on the floor, holding his neck.

"Why did you do?" She shouted at her father who stood with his arms to his side.

"Reggie" Delilah whispered, dropping to his side, her hands over his. He looked up to her. "Isiah get an ambulance" she shouted as her eyes welled with tears. "You monster" she shouted, standing up. "You're the fucking devil Thomas Shelby" Delilah sobbed.

"I heard a gun what happened.." Polly, Esme and John walked in.

"Tommy what have you done" John whispered. Delilah returned to Reggie who reached up, holding her face. "Reg, you'll be okay, yeah?" she said with a shaky voice. "I'll make sure of it. You'll be okay" she whispered. He let out a breath, forcing a smile. "I didn't mean for this to happen" he whispered. "I know, i know"

"Delilah i just wanted to help you, that's all i've ever wanted to do. I love you and i just-"

"I know Reggie, it's okay. I love you too"

Paramedics rushed inside, looking down at the boy. "We need you to move" they said. "Delilah come on" John said, pulling the girl up. "He'll be okay, John, tell me he will be okay" she whispered as he held her close.

John remained quiet as they watched the boy get taken away from the house.

Delilah pulled herself away from John. "I hate you" she hissed, staring her father in the eyes. Tommy stared right back at her, saying nothing.

"Where the fuck is Thomas Shelby" Ron's voice sounded as he stormed into the house. Delilah stepped away, grabbing Ron's arms. "Ronnie it's okay," she whispered. Ron fumed as he looked at the older man. "Ron, go home"

"I'll kill you Thomas Shelby" he whispered before walking out the house. "Come on love" Polly urged, holding the girls wrist. "You're going straight to hell" she looked back at Tommy. "And you're going to burn there"

-

Delilah watched as doctors rushed in and out of Reggie's hospital room. Isiah returned with food for both her and John. "I'm not hungry"

"Delilah you've not ate anything" he argued. She looked up at him, scoffing. "You wonder why?"

Isiah rolled his eyes, sitting down.

She bounced her leg nervously, growing furious when Tommy walked in beside Polly. Delilah shook her head. "Get him away from me" she spat. Polly breathed in heavily. "You don't have to talk to him"

Delilah face away, looking up when a doctor approached them. "What's going on?" she asked him.

The doctor looked at her sadly. "I'm sorry Miss Shelby," he looked at the papers in his hand. Delilah lifted her head slightly, anger and sadness filling her. "No, no you're lying. Reggie's fine" she shook her head, crying.

She leaned a hand on the wall as she threw up into the bin. Sobs left her mouth. "He's fine" she shouted.

"Miss Shelby" he said. She pushed past him. "You can't go in" he shouted. Delilah pushed the door open, her knees growing weak when she saw the pale boy lying on the bed.

"Reggie" she screamed, collapsing beside the bed, arms supporting her. "Delilah" Isiah whispered. She gripped his sleeve. "Reggie, come on, Reggie my boy talk to me" she whispered, grabbing the boys cold hand. Delilah covered her mouth. "He's dead"

Delilah fell into Isiah who kept her standing. "You bastard" she screamed as Tommy walked into the room. "You did this, you killed him"

Isiah held her back. "Get off me" she shouted. The boy hesitated before letting go.

Delilah ran at Tommy, hitting him over and over again. "You killed him"

Polly watched with her hand over her mouth, tears welling at her own eyes. "He loved me and you killed him"

Tommy looked away, swallowing hard.

"Look at me, fucking look at me" she begged. "Don't you see what you're doing?" she asked. "You're ruining everything" Delilah sobbed, her face soaked with tears.

John dragged her away, holding her tight to refrain her fighting. "No" she screamed. "He can't be dead, John"

He rubbed her back, swallowing the lump in her throat. "He loves me, he wouldn't leave me John"

Isiah stood with Polly, watching the girl who was completely broken.

Each day that went by, Delilah Shelby was growing to hate her father more and more. He'd ripped away two of the most important things in her life. It was his fault her mother died, and he was the man that sent the bullet into her boyfriends body, killing him.