61

Act four/ season 5
1929

Tommy rode through the muddy field on his black horse. He climbed off it, placing his gloves in his pocket and stepping into the telephone box.

"Arthur?" he asked, answering the phone. "We cannot give you the assurance you are asking for. We expect payment in full" he read from the letter. "Here's my favourite part, 'we have never even heard of you people, so we are not afraid of your threats.' And they've signed it The Angels of Retribution"

Tommy hummed, putting the phone down and flipping a coin, landing on head.

He picked the phone up again and dialled a number. "They say they haven't even heard of us, so tell Aberama and Isaiah to introduce themselves" he spoke. "And Finn, you stay out of it"

He put the phone down again.

-

Finn placed the down and looked through the window of the telephone box, nodding at Isaiah who got inside the car with Aberama.

-

Micheal was awoken by the phone ringing. He sat up, rubbing his eyes and going over to answer it. "Yeah?" He listened carefully. "Wait, wait say that again," his face dropped. "No, that cannot be possible"

"No no no" he whispered.

Gina stood, placing a hand on his shoulder and kissing he cheek, turning and snorting a line of cocaine off the table. Micheal picked up the phone. " Arthur"

"Hello?" he groaned. "Arthur where's Tommy?"

"Why?"

"Just get to him and tell him we've lost the lot" Micheal shouted.

-

Lizzie approached Ruby who sat playing with her toy horse. "Ten spoonfuls of sugar for me please" she said, kneeling down. "Is that for one?" the girl asked.

Lizzie looked up. "Look Ruby, daddy's back from his call. Everything going to be alright now"

"What about Delilah?" the girl asked.

Lizzie sighed. "No, Delilah's not here yet"

The pair stood, watching as Tommy came down the hill on his horse.

-

"Arthur what are you talking about how is that possible" Polly asked over the phone. "It's possible because this morning in New York City at 6.00 am,  the Wall Street stock exchange crashed. Like a steam train and we were most definitely on bored"

Polly's heart dropped as the phone line went dead.

-

"Miss Shelby," Jane stopped her as she walked through the dress shop. "There's a phone call for you,"

"I'll take it in a second" Delilah nodded, handing the dress in her hand to another worker to put up in the shop. "Hello," she sighed, picking up the phone. "Delilah, it's me." Tommy spoke.

"Hello, dad," She said, crossing her arms.

"You're coming home, somethings happened with the Company and Michael's coming back too, i'll get him to call you and give you the details on the boat back." He said.