8

"Delilah" Tommy stood beside the door of the girls room. "What?" she huffed, pulling her knees to her chest. "I have something for you"

Delilah looking up at him, growing slightly excited.

"What is it?" she asked. "Get your shoes on, we're going to the stables"

She jumped up and pulled on her boots, rushing after her father. "So" he began as they walked down the cold streets. "Remember when you were seven," he began.

"Yeah?"

"And how your mother would take you to see the horses when i was working. And for weeks you asked me for a horse but i always said no" he reminded her. "Well" he sighed, opening the gate to the stables. "I finally got you that horse"

Her eyes lit up as she looked at the black horse in front of her. "Is this your way of apologising?" she asked. He let out a breath. "I suppose, do you like him then?"

Lilah looked at him, relaxing her shoulders. "I do"

"Thank you" she said softly, admiring the horse.

He nodded, looking at the slightly red haired girl. "Go on then, you best get home" he checked his pocket watch. Her mood dropped slightly but she agreed. "Or go to the garrison, your uncles are there, i'll be over soon"

Delilah missed how close her and Tommy used to be. She knew that them drifting wasn't necessarily his fault, but it still hurt. She still needed her dad. Despite how old she was, she's always need him.

Delilah sat beside her uncles, growing frustrated at the singing from outside the snug. "Shuffle these cards and-" Arthur began.

"Arthur i really dont understand how to play" Francis complained.

The barmaid walked in. "Did you want whiskey as well." she asked, quickly looking at Delilah. "No just beer"

"Why no whiskey Tommy? Are you expecting trouble" Arthur asked. "Can someone tell them to shut up" Lilah groaned, listening to the crowd inside the pub.

"Jesus Christ, Tommy, what the hell made you let them sing" John chuckled, backing up his niece. "It's like they're strangling cats out there"

"I'm leaving, if i listen to another second of that i'll end up dying" Delilah told them, standing up. "Oh sit down" Arthur scolded, throwing a card at her.

She shot him a look and glanced out the frosted windows as car lights shine through. "Coppers?" Arthur asked.

Tommy shook his head. "No"

The whole pub fell silence as footsteps approached. "Whoever it is, they're heavy footed aren't they" Lilah joked.

"Is there any man here named Shelby" a man asked. Tommy stood up, along with Arthur. Delilah shot her father a look of disappointment.

"Delilah, when we leave this room, you stay in here and don't move till we tell you to" Tommy instructed. John frowned slightly. "Can i not just take her home?" Francis asked.

A gun shot sounded causing Delilah to jump. "Any fucking need for that" she hissed.

"I said, is there any man here named Shelby" he repeated. Tommy opened the door. She caught a glance at the man and let out a laugh at how he looked.

"Harry get these men a drink. Everyone else go home" Tommy instructed. People ran from the Garrison.

"You go home" Tommy pointed at the blonde barmaid. "But mr fenton said-"