71

Delilah waltzed into the dining room of the house which was full of people. She looked around, searching for a familiar face. "Oh, well Delilah don't you look lovely" Arthur said loudly, walking up to her. "Hello, Arthur" she smiled, hugging him from the side.

Lizzie walked into the room, making her way over to Polly.

"So did you know?" Lizzie asked Polly, "What? Oh that tonight's special guest may have fucked you when you were a nightclub hostess? Yeah. Lizzie if we were to strike form our guest list, every man from Birmingham who-"

"Fuck" Lizzie whispered, looking over her shoulder. "Yes or no?" she asked. "Fucking yea"

"Shit"

"Mr Oswald, my wife, Lizzie. Lizzie, Sir Oswald Mosley" Tommy introduced. They looked at each other. "Since we all appear to know and since knowledge is permission, i'm sure Mr Shelby in the spirit of our honest relationship you won't mind me saying, it was a bottle of champagne and an evening well spent"

"Actually it was an evening wasted" Lizzie corrected. "For the champagne and brandy you bought me, as i recall it was the booze that put you to sleep a little prematurely" she said, throwing a coin into his drink.

-

Everyone sat watching as a dance was performed in front of them, A swan dance. Polly discretely disappeared outside of the tent.

Tommy leaned forward, frowning at Arthur who was asleep, he then leaned backwards, looking at Micheal. He looked at Tommy. He nodded toward Arthur and Micheal tapped him. Arthur grunted and looked at Tommy, sitting straight.

Delilah had her arm linked around Isiah's watching the dance. "What's that?" He whispered, looking over his shoulder at the headlights approaching.

-

Arthur stood in front of the car, squinting when Linda appeared. "I heard there was a family occasion?" she said. "Look i'm sorry, Linda, that animal inside me, it comes out and i can't stop it"

"Fuck, Linda, without you, come inside please" he begged. "His name was Frederick, all we did was talk, Arthur. He just listened. And now he has no face. he's as ugly on the outside as you are on the inside"

She pulled a gun. "May you peaky blinders all rot.."

"In fucking hell" Linda shouted. A gun sounded out it wasn't Arthur who fell.

Tommy appeared. "Arthur?" he asked.

They all looked over their shoulder at Delilah who held a gun. Linda lay on the floor. Her eyes were wide, her hands were shaking. "I'm sorry..i didn't- oh my god" she panicked, dropping the metal to the floor and holding onto the fountain for support.

"I thought she was going to shoot him and i couldn't-" Delilah took a deep breath, pressing a hand to her forehead. "It's fine, stop." Tommy raised a hand to her.

-

They cleared the table, laying a screaming Linda on it.

"Outside, till it's done, brother" Tommy urged, pushing Arthur away. Linda groaned, screaming as Tommy searched her wound.

"Linda, i would've taken your bullet" Arthur kneeled beside her. "I deserve the bullet"

"An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth" Linda screamed. Arthur stepped away. "Linda, look at me" Tommy said. "You've got a kid if you die, he'll come to us to raise"

"She used a derringer" Polly said.

Mosley appeared. "Get him out, family only"

"Mr Shelby, on your behalf"

"Get out" Arthur shouted, pointing his gun at him. Lizzie went to get something from the kitchen whilst Tommy pulled the bullet out, Linda screamed.

"Almost there" he said. "Hold her" he poured whiskey on her open wound. "Is she gonna be alright tom?" Arthur asked, growing hysterical. "If you love her, go to the library and get some opium, go on soldier"

"Right" he nodded.

"You can use mine, brought a bit to celebrate the wedding proposal" Polly said. Delilah's eyes widened. "He proposed?" Tom asked. "One knee" she nodded. "Congratulations Pol"

"Who proposed?" she asked. "Aberama"

Lilah held back a laugh and sat in a chair.

Tommy convinced Linda to drink what was in the glass and she soon fell unconscious.

"You should of let her do it Delilah, you should of let her" Arthur cried. "Brother, you've got things to do, you've got a kid. We need you. All right?"

"Yeah"

"Aberama wants you as best man" Polly said. "You hear that?" Tommy said, hugging Arthur. "I save his life an he hugs him" Delilah joked.

"Oh" Arthur breathed, "i'll do it, i'll take it"

"All right, let him be" Tommy nodded.

They all walked out, leaving Arthur with Linda whilst he was in hysterics.
The all paused, frowning as Mosley got onto the platform that previously had the dancers on it. "What is he doing," Delilah sighed.