59

The Shelby's sat around the dinner table and watched as Micheal walked in from previously living somewhere else. Polly stood, hugging the boy.

Tommy stared down at the table.

"Tommy i've been trying to think of words" Micheal began. "Don't" Polly stopped him. "Words don't work. Micheal we're in a grave situation, Tommy has a plan"

Micheal frowned.

"Instead of going to Australia, you're going to New York"

"Why" Micheal asked. "Because the company has business to attend in America" Ada spoke.

"Will i be coming back?"

"Train leaves in an hour, Micheal. You made a choice, you knew i was going to be shot and you chose not to tell me"

"I chose my mum" Micheal whispered: "When all this business is over, we'll all be free to make our own choices" Polly said.

"So is that it?" he asked.

"You get the train to Liverpool then the SS to Monroe," Tommy cleared his throat. "Boat sails tomorrow."

Micheal looked around at everyone. Tommy handed him an envelope. " Now you can go"

He took the envelope and walked away slowly.

-

Lilah watched as Charlie and Curly threw gasoline underneath the wood. She bit her lip which had began trembling, keeping a tight hold on Isiah's arm.

A woman approached with a white flag.

"Tommy" Johnny shouted. "It's alright, let her come" he said, walking toward her. "Please, once we're all finished" he said.

She said nothing so he turned away.

-

Polly, Tommy and Finn sat in front of the woman.

"Your note talked about making terms for peace" Audrey Changretta, said to Tommy. "But my son says there are no terms. You took my husband and my son, we took two of your brothers."

"The vendetta is won" Tommy says. "We say when the Vendetta is won" she scowled.

"We will take everything you have" Audrey said. "All your businesses, signed over to us. You agree to this. Or my son will kill you all. One by one"

"The vendetta is won" Tommy repeated. "That's it. No more killing."

"Who do you think you were, Mr Shelby?" she hissed. He stared at her blankly.

-

Lizzie walked into the office, joining Tommy and Polly.

"You don't knock?" he asked. "You don't know my new address?" she raised her eyebrows.

"Hello Lizzie how are you?" Polly looked up.

"I know your new address, Lizzie" he corrected. "Because it was me who bought you the new fucking house"

"Then why don't you visit?" she asked.
He sat down. "Yeah i've been busy" he shrugged. "Busy doing what?"