11

"John wants to marry Lizzie Stark" Delilah told the Smiths, they both burst into laughter.

"She's a whore though" Reggie snickered. "I know, funny isn't it"

"Yeah, a lot of people probably think that, she's slept with half the men in Small Heath" Ron added. "He needs someone for the kids" Lilah sighed.

"Anyway, i have to go, Dad says we've got a big day tomorrow" The girl said, standing up and wiping her hands. "I thought you weren't speaking to him at the minute?" he asked. "I'm not" she nodded.

"When's the next time you'll see us" Reggie asked her as she pulled her jacket on.

"Ill see you tomorrow or the day after" she nodded, walking backwards.

-

"Delilah are you ready?" Tommy asked, leaning on the door frame. "Yes Dad, i am" she ran her hands over the clothes she was wearing.

A light blue dress which had a light ribbon wrapped around it, just below her chest.

"What is it we're doing?" Delilah said, not wanting to make conversation.

"Finishing it with the Lee's once and for all" he nodded, folding his arms. "And you're letting me come with" She raised her eyebrows.

"Come on, vans waiting" he said, ignoring her question.

They stepped outside and walked toward the van, "help me up" she told her uncle who lifted her into the back of the van. She watched as her mother climbed into the front.

"Right, won't take long till we're there" Tommy nodded.

-

"Out you get boys" Arthur instructed, walking beside Tommy. John got out first.

"Ready boys?" Tom asked. "John, ready?"

"Yeah, i'm fine" he sniffed, fixing his hat. "Have a drink" Arthur offered him a flask. Delilah frowned, extremely confused.

"What? Why are you all staring at me for? What?" he asked, growing frustrated. "Let's go" Tommy nodded and they all began walking, Delilah beside Francis who held her hand.

"Tommy what's your plan we are in shot gun range" he whispered. They all stopped, turning to him. "John before we go into battle, there's something you're gonna need"

John looked him up and down.

He pulled out a white rose, placing it in Johns front pocket, the boys doing the same to themselves.

"What you bloody doing, Tommy" Thomas held Johns face. "Smile John, it's a wedding"

"What!?" Delilah shouted, grabbing Tommy's arm. "Whose bloody wedding" John asked.

"Now if we told you, you wouldn't have come. There's a girl in the Lee family whose going a bit wild" Tommy told him. "And she needs marrying off"

John shoved him away, shouting.

"John boy" Arthur shouted, grabbing hold of him. Lottie stepped away, watching. "You have no bloody right Tommy" John hissed, his voice shaky.