16

Delilah frowned as Ada grabbed her arm, dragging her through the house.
"Ada what the fuck are we doing" she asked.

"Stopping this madness" she said, placing Karl in his pram.

"What are you talking about" Delilah frowned. "Ada i'm not getting in the way of this" she shook her head. "My dad will kill me"

"Fine" she shrugged, "stay here, but i'm going"

Delilah rolled her eyes. "Fine but if i die, my blood is on your hands" she warned.

She mumbled to herself as she held onto the moving pram, approaching the large crowd of men.

"Move" Ada hissed, pushing through them. Delilah avoided each of their gazes. Karl began crying.

"What are you doing" Freddie shouted, lowering his gun. "Delilah?" Reggie spoke. Lilah looked up, her stomach dropping when she saw the dark haired boy amongst the group.

"Ada what the fuck are you doing bringing my daughter here" Tommy scolded. "I believe you boys call this no man's land" she stated.

"Ada" Freddie repeated.

"Shut up and listen"

"Lilah move before you get hurt" Reggie shouted.

"Have you lost your mind" Freddie asked. "I said shut up"

Kimber looked around, confused.

"Now most of you were in France" she reminded. "So you all know what happens next, i've got brothers and a husband up there, my niece beside me"

"But you've all got somebody waiting for you." she shouted. "Fucking hell Ada" John muttered.

"Now i'm wearing black in preparation" she nodded, holding her hat. "I want you to look at me" she hissed, "i want you all to look at me"

Delilah caught the eyes of John.

"Who'll be wearing black for you" Ada shouted. "Think about them"

"Alright Ada, I think they get it" She  placed a hand on her arm. "Think about them right now"

"And fight if you want to, but we aren't moving anywhere"

Reggie lifted his head. "Fucking what" he asked. "Ada don't be stupid" John warned. "Delilah move"

"She's right you know" Kimber interrupted, "why should all you men die, it should just be them who caused it"

He pointed his gun toward Tommy, firing it. Delilah screamed as she saw Tommy stumble backwards, "Dad" she shouted, running forward. Despite the anger she had for him over the past few weeks, she couldn't afford to lose another parent. As she did so, a bullet flew into her stomach causing her to tumble down.

Multiple shots fired and she looked down, her hands covered in blood. Her breath quickened as she leaned her head back, tears forming in her eyes.

Danny Whizz-Bang ran forward, bullets firing into his chest. "Delilah" Reggie shouted, dropping his gun to the floor and kneeling beside her.