27

"It's nice to finally see you out of bed" Polly said, reading the newspaper in front of her. "Dads taking me to the stable" Delilah told the woman, grabbing a piece of toast off the place.

"Your father?" she asked. "Yeah" Delilah nodded. "Did you two make up then?"

"Not particularly" Delilah turned away from her.

The situation confused Polly, but Polly didn't know what had happened the night before and what had caused Tommy and Delilah to agree to be around each other. And it was going to stay that way.

"You ready?" Tommy asked, pulling his cap over his ears. The girl nodded.

The two walked outside, slightly taken aback by the cold in the air. "I've not seen Canon in a while" she said, trying to make conversation. "He's okay, Curly has been looking after him"

They walked up to the stables and Tommy pushed the door open. "Hello, Canon" Delilah said softly.

She ran her hand along the animals fur, smiling slightly. "Can we go riding?" she asked, looking at Tommy with pleading eyes. He relaxed slightly, nodding. "Come on then"

Tommy helped the girl onto her horse before climbing onto his own horse. "The fields?" he questioned. Delilah nodded.

The time her and her father had spent our on the fields was the happiest she'd felt in a long time. It was the first time she'd properly gotten out of the house in weeks. A part of her felt guilty for being happy and having fun. But she knew that Reggie wouldn't have wanted her to sit around ruining herself. Neither would Francis.

-

Tommy hesitantly looked at the ringing phone before picking it up, staying silent. "Tommy?" a female voice asked. "It's me"

Grace.

"Tommy can you hear me?" she asked, "Yes, Grace" he whispered, "I think you called Tommy, i haven't slept"

"Grace, this is not a good time"

"I can call you back" she offered, "No, it's fine. It's all right"

"Can we meet?" she asked. "Yes, we'll meet" he nodded along. "When?" she asked. "Grace there are some things i have to do first" he informed her.

He put the phone down, guilt automatically consuming him. Despite the fact he'd carried on the romance with the woman after Francis' death, he'd just fixed the issues with Delilah. And if anything were to happen with Grace, he was afraid everything would tumble down again.

-
Reggie's Funeral

Delilah walked with her head high, holding onto Ron's arm. The pair stepped forward, placing flowers down into where the casket lay. She pushed her tears back, not wanting to feel vulnerable.

"You going to speak?" he asked her. She thought for a moment. "I can't" she shook her head, her voice breaking.

He nodded, taking his arm from her and stepping forward. "Last week, my little brother, Reginald. Or Reggie as he was called, was murdered. By no other than Thomas Shelby" he said coldly, looking over at Tommy. "He was killed because he wanted to protect his girlfriend from her own father. Reggie died protecting the girl he loved." Ron continued. "My brother was a good boy, he did not deserve to die" Ron's voice grew angry. "He died at the hands of the devil" He shouted. Luke Cray stepped to him, placing a hand on his back. "Come on, Ronnie" he whispered.

Ron pointed his finger at Tommy. "You're the fucking devil, Thomas Shelby," he hissed as he walked away.

Delilah bit her tongue, staring at the floor. Isiah appeared beside her, placing a reassuring hand on her shoulder.

"it all feels so surreal" she said quietly. "Yeah" he whispered, squeezing her shoulder.

She looked up as Reggie's mother approached her. "Mrs Smith" she whispered. "You and your father are going to burn in hell. The lot of you. You all are to blame for my sons death, this never would of happened if he didn't get himself thrown into the mix" she spat. "It's your fathers fault, just like it was his fault when your mother died"

"That's enough, yeah" Isiah gently pushed the woman away. Delilah bit her lip.

"What's going on" Polly said coldly. "Don't you dare" Delilah shouted, stepping toward the woman. "Don't you dare speak about my mother." she hissed. The woman looked her up and down. "If i hear another word come out of your mouth about my family i will cut your tongue out" she threatened, taking a fist full of her clothes. "Reggie died being a good boy, he died trying to help. That was not my fault, i didn't send him to do it"

"Delilah" Tommy said, standing behind her. "Not my fault" she repeated. "We are helping you and your family out the best we can and you act like this?" Delilah asked.

The woman scoffed. "Burn. That's what you will do, Delilah Shelby, you will burn"

The girl swallowed hard, stepping back and colliding with Tommys chest. "Isiah, take Mrs Smith back to her car, she's caused enough trouble" Arthur said. Tommy placed a reassuring hand on Delilah's arm.