56

"Fucking hell it smells of pig round here don't it" Alfie Solomons spoke, looking out at Watery Lane. "Definitely not kosher" he walked forward.

"Come to Small Heath, you will go to hell for fucking breathing. Where is everyone?"

"Ishmael, please, will you hit the call of prayer?" he asked. The boy walked to the car and pressed the horn. "We'll hit it"

Alfie sighed, walking over. "Thank you" he dismissed, pressing his hand onto it, letting it ring out.

Tommy opened the door, stepping outside. "Good Morning Alfie" he sighed.

"Yeah it is, it is. How come everyone is in fucking bed?" he asked. "So, this must be Goliath?" Tommy questioned, looking at the strange looking boy.

"Let me introduce you to David, this way boys" he walked past them, down the road.

"Assuming that David's out of bed" Alfie huffed, following.

-

Tommy stood, watching the group of Italians exit the van. He began firing the gun, sending two men to the floor. The rest hid behind the van.

"Come on" Luca urged, they all stepped out, firing their guns. Tommy kneeled down before running into the apartment, grabbing the gun from above the shelf and loading it.

The men carefully walked through the building, travelling up the stairs. The looked over their shoulders, walking to where Tommy had went.

Tommy walked up the metal stairs, running as a gun was fired. He ran through the hung up sheets, avoiding the bullets being shot at him.

He walked into another room. "Get always from the window, right, stay inside and stay down" he warned the people.

"Everyone stay indoors! Stay down! By order of the peaky blinders" Tommys voice echoed through the building and Luca stood, looking around.

Tommy ran up a set of stairs.

Luca and the men carefully travelled through the hallways where he'd previously been, searching rooms. The stood at the stairs and looked at the boy who remained in the corner.

"Come here" Luca whispered, pulling out coins. He grabbed the boy. "Which way, which way did he go?" he asked. The boy pointed down.

Luca let go of the boy, handing him the money. He sent two men upstairs and one with him.

Tommy stood around the corner, quietly loading the gun, heading the voices approach. He ran into the next room and outside the fire escape.

He looked out at the man walking alone, shooting him as he turned.

"Luca let's get out of here"

"No he knows the streets we don't. We have him cornered, we've got him"

Tommy went down to the man he had shot, shooting him in the head. Luca came from the corner, shooting as Tommy hid. Tommy shot back.

"I know you own the cops in this dirty fucking town, but you'll be dead before they get here. Come on, you and me Tommy" he dropped his gun.

Tommy stepped out, looking at him.

A gunshot fired behind Luca and Police emerged, shouting. "Stop what you're doing"

-

Tommy watched as charles played with his toys and Polly stood in the corner, pouring a glass of whiskey.

"Do you know, i remember the very first time you head butted a police officer" she spoke. "But after you got your OBE from the king i didn't think there'd be a next time"

He took the glass from her hand.

"What do you think you're gonna tell Arthur" She asked, standing at the window.

"I will tell him the truth"

"They're here" she said, watching the car pull up outside.

"So, what the fuck happened today, Tom?" Arthur asked, sitting at the table. "We all heard. Shooting in Artillery Square"

"Yeah, There was. Today i killed three men. Now our enemies are down to eight"

Arthur looked up. "I suppose they, er, i suppose they took you by surprise did they?"

"No, i knew they were coming"

"Just after Christmas i received a letter" Polly interrupted. "From Luca Changretta offering to spare my son if i gave up Tommy. And i gave Tommy up"

"Because that was the plan that Polly and I agreed on. I knew that Luca would want to pull the trigger himself. So i used the set up as bait to bring him in"

"You are a fucking idiot tom"

"Look, i didn't get Luca but i got three. All right? That's it. That's what happened" he looked at Charles who had walked in. "Come here you" he sighed, picking the boy up.

"Aye, but he's right, I thought you'd gone soft" Johns laughs. "So you got three?"

"Yeah i got three"

"Well i drink to you, Tom, you mad bastard" Charlie spoke.

-

Delilah stared at the ceiling, struggling to sleep. "Lilah," a voice spoke. She looked around, feeling sick when she saw Reggie sat at the end of her bed. Her eyes searched his face.

"Reg?" she asked. "Hello," he whispered. "What are you..but you're dead," she said, reaching out to touch his hand.

"I know, Delilah." He forced a smile.

"Why are you here?" she asked.

"Your mother sent me to check on you. So much has happened in the past few years. I'm proud of you, so is your mum." He stared into her eyes. "I'm glad that you're happy. I'm glad you took Grace's advice and moved on."

"You know she spoke to me?" Delilah asked.

"Lilah, i know everything" He said.

"Reggie..i can't-"

"You can't believe i'm here. That's because i'm not. You're a Gypsy, Delilah, let that sink in. I'm not physically here. Somethings going to happen, you'll be okay. You just need to be patient.." he said.

She frowned, shaking her head.

"What are you talking about"

"Trust me" he whispered.

Thats when he disappeared once she opened her eyes again. "Reggie?" she asked. He was gone. Delilah threw herself back into the mattress, sighing.