65

Arthur and Tommy walked into the Garrison, frowning as they looked at the mess Finn had created. Tommy dragged a chair and the girl that had been sleeping sat up. "Go home" he told her.

She gasped, pulling her shoes on. "Come here you, put this on" Arthur said, handing her a coat. "There you go, look at that. Looks great on ya! Wrap up warm"

Arthur scoffed, picking up a cup of ice and standing on a chair, pouring it over Finns face.

He sat straight, gasping. "Wake up" Arthur said. She tapped the side of his face, "Rise and shine"

"What are you doing here?" he groaned. "Wasting our fucking time on you" Tommy hissed. Finn held his head, standing when Arthur passed him a glass of water.

"Sit down, Finn" Tommy stopped him, "Sit down"

He sighed, returning to his seat. "What do i have to do to make you fucking listen to me?" Tommy leaned closer to him. "You took a bullet. You've been running around the streets with a fucking gun in your hand"

"Somebody has to" Finn shrugged.

"Finn, we've got people for that kind of work. Soldiers. Captains and corporals" Arthur said, sitting down. "Well, then what am i?"

"What am i, Jesus christ" Tommy said frustrated.

"Yeah. What am i, Tom" he asked again. "I'm the brother you never got around to" he looked at Tommy.

"You're a general, Finn, you understand? You're a fucking Shelby so you're a general. When did you last see a general anywhere near the blood and puke eh?"

" Tommy's fucking right, a general is what you are so on your feet soldier"

"Come on, on your feet" Arthur repeated. "I thought you just said i was a general?"

"I did just say you where so get in your fucking feet" Arthur grabbed him by his shirt but Tommy pushed him away. "Arthur. Finn, Finn, look at this" Tommy said, holding the bullet in front of his face.

"This is the bullet that Aberama Gold cut from you. First and last" he chucked it at him, pointing. "First and last"

He sighed. "Don't lose it, go and cleaned up. Get some clothes on, a nice suit. I've got some trouble that'll keep you out of trouble" Arthur held his shoulder.

"Oh, and, er, Tom.." Finn said, stopping in his tracks. "Yeah?"

"While your here, erm, i've met this girl and i'd like to get married-"

"Fuck off, go get dressed" Arthur shoved him away. "Go on move"

"Finn this girl you're trying to impress, tell me about her," Tommy stopped him. "She likes the life" Finn said. "Likes the life, eh?" Tommy said. "Well find one that hates it, look at him, that's what he did and now he's chairman of the board"

"Isiah like the life and him and Delilah have been together for years," Finn reminded her.

"There's a difference Finn," she said to him. "She was born into the life, he was apart of it anyway."

Arthur grunted, dismissing the boy once more.

"Arthur, Lizzie and Ruby..are they still at yours?" he asked. "Yes, Tom, they're still there" he assured him. "She said she's coming home today so she'll be home later"

"Hm, has she been talking about me?"

"Well, Thomas, woman talk a lot," he shrugged. "Did they talk about me or not?" he repeated. "Well with all the kids running around i've not really payed attention"

"Well, nothing she says is true" he looked up.

"Well you like the life Tommy" Arthur said. "I don't like the life, i don't like the fucking life" he shook his head. "I don't like that Micheal is coming back today,"

Tommy stood to his feet.

"The train arrives from Liverpool at three, Polly will be there. You take a weapon" he pointed at him. "Tommy, why on earth would i need a weapon when picking up my own fucking niece?"

"Tell Moss to clear the station of Coppers, you hear me?" he looked back at Arthur, ignoring him. "Yes sir"

"Hey,  Tom, i heard them say one thing" she whispered. "Just talking, you know, they said that you don't sleep, or something, you can't sleep"

He breathed deeply. "When i do sleep, i dream, and in my dream someone wants my crown, i think it might me Micheal. Call me at three"

"Arthur i'm going to put that bullet on a necklace and wear it as a reminder" Finn said, pulling on his jacket. "Shut up Finn" he whispered.

"You got trouble for me then?" he leaned down to Arthur. "Yeah" he whispered.