34

2 years later
1924/ act three

Delilah watched as Micheal hung Karl over the edge, making him laugh. Today was Tommy's day, he was marrying Grace. She didn't necessarily approve, of course, but it was clear she made Tom happy. And she was willing to do whatever if it meant he was happy again.

"Here come the fucking cavalry, late as usual" John scoffed, staring over at the people opposite him.

That's when Grace appeared, a purple fucking dress and veil on.

"How traditional" she whispered, shaking her head. Grace was accompanied by her father, also cavalry. "It's a wonder she can see through that thing" Isiah said causing Delilah to laugh, earning a glare from Tommy.

Tommy carefully removed the veil from Grace's face and Delilah had to admit Grace did look gorgeous. They turned to Jeremiah.

"Dearly beloved," he began, "we are gathered here today to join together in holy matrimony, Thomas Micheal Shelby and Grace Helen Burgess"

"Do you, Thomas Micheal Shelby take Grace Helen Burgess to be your lawful wedded wife?" he asked. "I do" Tommy said.

"Do you, Grace Helen Burgess, solemnly swear to love, honour and obey till death do you apart"

Grace nodded slightly. "I do"

"I now pronounce you husband and wife" Jeremiah finished.

They turned to each other, leaning in. "Go on Tom" John shouted. Claps and cheers erupted from the Shelby side of the hall.

Everyone gathered outside the hall to take pictures, Delilah stood beside Tommy who smiled widely.

"Go on, take the photograph" Arthur shouted.

Tommys eyes landed on a man who was in conversation with one of the girls. He placed his jacket over Grace's shoulder and continued walking to the car, helping Grace up.

"Arthur, get the bastards in the house"

"I will, i will. John! John boy. Get em in the house, all of em" he shouted, turning away.

-

Delilah and Isiah walked along side each other, taking the piss out of the cavalry men who walked in front of them.

"All right, Pol, tell all the Lee girls i've counted all the paintings. And, Pol, some people here are not on the list" Tommy whispered.

"Curly, Charlie, kitchen" Arthur pushed through the crowd. "Time?" Charlie asked, "five minutes"

"Actually we were told on the train there'd be cocaine" A girl stopped Arthur. He ignored her and continued.

"Jeremiah, John boy, Isaiah, kitchen"

Delilah's mouth parted. "Seriously?" she asks. "Back in a minute" Isiah said, taking his arm from around her shoulder.

"I swear to God them fucking Calvary boys are asking for it" John shook his head.

Grace stood entertaining a group of people, growing slightly awkward at Tommy's absence. "I just wish Tommy was here" she told one of them.