Jujutsu Kaisen | Hidden Inventory (3)

"Well, that was easy." Gojo stepped on an unconscious person. "I severely underestimated your tracking skills (Y/N). It took longer to find them than to actually take any of them down."

"More like we overestimated them." You looked at the unconscious group of people in the corner as Geto entered the room. "Seriously. They could've at least done better to hide her."

"They aren't curse users." Geto said. "They just wanted to make an exchange for Riko. But yeah, they did a horrible job doing so. They didn't even bother interrogating Kuroi."

"Kuroi!" Riko rushed over towards her caretaker.

"What do we do now?" You asked. "We head back to Jujutsu High? Tell me, Gojo. This is a very serious mission now. Riko has a bounty on her head and the destination for the transfer was in Okinawa."

"What does it look like we're doing?" Gojo smiled.

. . .

"Huh—?" You opened your mouth.

You certainly were not expecting to go to the beach. Backing away from the water, you blushed in embarrassment at the idea of relaxation. Not even a few hours ago, you were attacked by sorcerers.

"What, (Y/N), can't swim?" Geto teased.

"No..." You muttered. "...I can swim just fine."

"Come on, (Y/N)!" Riko grabbed your hand. "Relax!"

With some very hard convincing, Riko managed to convince you to enter the beach. Certainly not knowing what to do in a beach, it took Riko to splash you with sea water to make you come to your senses.

"Ah, I see..." You began before you made a violent splash at Riko, making her giggle and laugh.

"They look like children..." Gojo chuckled.

"They are children." Geto sighed. "Don't forget, (Y/N) is nine. Just because he has the Sharingan doesn't mean he isn't a kid. He has a right to at least have a decent childhood, you know."

"Anyone who picks this line of job doesn't have a decent childhood, Suguru." Gojo said as he looked on as Riko splashed water in your eye and laughed.

"Gojo."

"Hm?"

"You haven't turned off Infinity, have you?" Geto eyed Gojo. "Ever since we were on the plane...and you haven't slept either, have you? Relax. We're here to enjoy ourselves."

"Don't worry about me, Suguru." Gojo placed a hand on his shoulder. "Both of us are the strongest. We were put on this mission because of it. That's why—"

Suddenly, water almost splashed on Gojo. Riko laughed loudly as you raised your hands innocently. However, you did notice that the Infinity had stopped the water droplets, making you frown slightly at Gojo, who didn't notice your concern.

"You little brats...!" Gojo smiled as he leapt into the water. "I'll drown you two here and now! (Y/N), you're first, you little brat!"

. . .

"Sheesh." Gojo sighed as everyone entered Jujutsu High's barrier, deactivating his Infinity. "I don't want to be stuck babysitting a brat again."

Riko pouted at that statement.

"That was rude." Riko muttered.

"Tengen-sama shouldn't be far from here." Geto said, pointing towards the buildings ahead. "We'll be there soon, Riko-chan. Once we do, we'll head down and all of us have to make an important decision—"

"Watch out!" You immediately rushed towards Gojo, raising your headband, taking out your kunai, and running past the special grade sorcerer to clash with an unknown enemy. "We're being attacked! Get Riko out of here!"

"Oh?" Toji looked down at his opponent.

"Satoru—!" Geto began but Gojo raised his palm towards Toji and immediately blasted him away with Blue, interrupting the other special grade sorcerer.

Toji regained footing but was immediately swallowed by Geto's worm like cursed spirit. Everyone noticed that he was still moving inside the cursed spirit, meaning that Toji was still alive.

"He's a tough opponent..." Gojo muttered before he started to speak out loud. "Geto. (Y/N). Get Riko out of here. I'll handle this guy myself."

"That's not an option, Gojo. You used up your stamina by overusing Infinity..." You looked down at your now shattered kunai. "...and he has immense strength. He has a Heavenly Restriction, I saw it."

"What—?" Geto began.

"What the hell is that?" Gojo asked.

"A Heavenly Restriction is a binding that restricts aspects of a sorcerer at birth..." You explained. "...it could grant someone exceptional physical strength in exchange for a lack of cursed energy and vice versa can also happen..."

"Smart kid..." Toji sliced through the cursed spirit as he raised his head and looked down at everyone below him. "...you certainly do know a lot, for a brat. No, it's that Sharingan. It tells you everything...."

"Why do you care—?" You took out another kunai.

But in that instant, your left eye was slashed by Toji. Gojo immediately used Blue to push back Toji with a powerful blast as you crashed down to the floor, clutching your eye in pain.

"My eye—!" You yelled.

"(Y/N)—!" Riko finally reacted but Geto put a hand in her way. "What are you doing?! Let me go help—!"

"Don't go to him!" Geto exclaimed.

"You guys, get the hell out of here!" Gojo ordered and everyone nodded, except for Riko.

Geto was forced to pick Riko up on his shoulder as she cried out for your safety, calling out your name multiple times as you slowly got back up, clutching your eye.

"He's after you." Gojo said. "Don't waver."

"Shoot. Looks like I missed." Toji emerged from the forest as he looked ahead at the two of you. "I really am getting rusty. I should've taken you down with that earlier attack instead of trying to get your eye."

"No..." You thought as you tried to remember what exactly happened. "...it was pure instinct. If it wasn't for the Sharingan reading his movements before, he would've actually have gotten my eye..."

You stand back up, before drawing your blade.

"Oh?" Toji eyed your tool. "A tanto...?"

"I have to keep (Y/N) close by while also attacking him..." Gojo looked between you and Toji. "...yeah, I didn't think so. This won't work. He'll get in my way and I think he knows that—"

"Gojo." You said. "On my signal."

"Fine—" Gojo said.

But there was no more time to think for Toji already prepared to attack you with his arm over his shoulder as he prepared a powerful swing at you. However, you kneeled down, dodging his strike.

You were suddenly blasted towards the opposite direction, surprising Toji. Toji tried to go after you, but soon found Gojo standing in front of him. Gojo was certainly mad, as he frowned at Toji.

"Letting him get away?" Toji looked at Gojo keenly.

"Yeah." Gojo said. "I'm not letting you get past me!"

"You both actually made me think he was going to fight." Toji chuckled as he pointed his blade and a cursed spirit was now wrapping itself around his shoulders. "Fine then, I'll just kill you right here, Gojo Satoru."

End of Chapter