Jujutsu Kaisen | It's Like That

"I still can't believe there would be a traitor..."

"Utahime-san, how do you guys know it's him?"

"(Y/N) said he was the most likely candidate." Utahime said as she and the trio first years walked together downstairs towards Mechamaru's hideout. "We pinpointed his location here. He should be here, but he's not waiting for us right now."

"I understand." Megumi said.

"So we'll restrain him?" Nobara asked.

"Precisely." Utahime replied.

"By the way, who's we?"

"We, as in everyone (Y/N) trusts." Utahime answered Yuji's question. "The higher ups already want to kill him, so we all have him concealed at the moment, thanks to Riko's veil."

"I never knew Riko was good at barrier techniques."

"Junpei-san is also there for minor security." Utahime said. "I'm trusting you guys to not tell anyone about this. Otherwise, the enemy could know and try to kill (Y/N) while he's unconscious."

"We're here." Megumi said.

"Okay..." Utahime muttered, grabbing the handle.

. . .

"Visitors..." Kokichi raised his weak body up.

"Hey there!"

Seeing Mahito and Geto ahead, Kokichi frowned as the two men walked before stopping a few meters ahead of Kokichi's tub. Kokichi was expecting company, but he wasn't exactly pleased to see them.

"Hurry the hell up." Kokichi said.

"Don't be so rude." Mahito said, grinning malevolently as he eyed Kokichi. "Otherwise, I might not heal you. That was what you wanted, right? We still hold the aces here."

"Not exactly." Geto said. "Breaking the vow will cause serious trouble for you, Mahito. Heal him. After that, we can settle our differences as soon as the binding vow is completed. He did help us."

"Fine, fine..."

Mahito walked over and placed a hand on Kokichi's head as he used Idle Transfiguration to completely restore Kokichi's frail body. Kokichi's bandages were undone as he raised himself up, almost reborn.

"Now, can I kill him?"

"Do as you please." Geto responded.

"Puppet Manipulation..." Kokichi muttered.

After that, many Mechamaru dolls appeared and immediately attacked Mahito. Mahito raised his fists and quickly began to destroy each of them, but more and more puppets surrounded him.

Eventually, Mahito did take all of them down. However, in a sudden split second, the hideout suddenly exploded, sending both Geto and Mahito flying out of it, rather unfazed but surprised.

"I see." Geto said as he landed on the floor.

"Emerge from darkness, blacker than darkness." Geto prepared a veil and immediately summoned one as it began to apply its conditions as he grinned. "Purify that which is impure."

"Woah..." Mahito looked at the emerging machine.

"I saved up seventeen years worth of cursed energy and I plan to use all of it if I must." Kokichi said to himself, inside the ultimate version of Mechamaru. "To take you and Geto down, I will use it all."

"I can't contact (Y/N) because he's unconscious and unable to fight." Kokichi thought. "Either I find a way to completely blast them to smithereens, or I break the veil and contact Gojo Satoru."

"Either way, my survivability is not likely."

"Ultra..." Kokichi roared, as his Absolute Mode: Mechmaru aimed its arm that fully converted into a pure cursed energy blast straight at Mahito as Kokichi yelled out. "...Cannon!!"

Firing straight at Mahito, Kokichi roared loudly as he consumed a year's worth of cursed energy at the cursed spirit. Once the smoke cleared, Kokichi grit his teeth as Mahito proceeded to get back up with wings now attached to his back.

"Not bad..." Mahito grinned.

. . .

"He's not here!" Utahime began.

"Yeah...this guy is the mole." Nobara said.

"He got ahead of us." Megumi replied.

"We should've just waited until (Y/N) could inform us more about this..." Utahime frowned. "...now, Mechamaru's got the jump on us. He's aware that we're on him now and he'll try to flee."

"We should wait on (Y/N)-sensei then." Yujj said.

"Agreed."

. . .

"Miracle Cannon!"

Firing away his cursed techniques, Kokichi frowned as he saw the remaining reserves of cursed energy he had. Looking towards Geto, he tried to think of a way to surprise attack him, but he looked back to see Mahito still alive after his attack.

"Fine then." Kokichi said, preparing a tube.

"I'll just use this!" Kokichi aimed Mechamaru's giant finger towards Mahito and fired the tube away before it proceeded to completely drill into Mahito's shoulder and completely shred it to pieces.

"What...?" Mahito looked to his side. "He—!"

Mahito had no time to react, however, immediately being kicked down by a giant Mechamaru leg, which sent the spirit crashing across the forest, tumbling multiple times before Mahito regained footing.

Mahito sprouted wings again before flying into the air, Mechamaru preparing another attack as Kokichi amassed more cursed energy. Kokichi fired away, and projectiles began to target Mahito.

"Pigeon Viola!" Kokichi exclaimed.

Mahito fled towards the forest and even changed into different animals to avoid the explosions. Mahito saw wires attached to Mechamaru's head and immediately flew over and sliced them.

However, he was quickly attacked by a punch.

Mahito got back up and quickly made a sign.

"Domain Expansion: Self-Embodiment of Perfection!" Mahito exclaimed as the domain proceeded to unleash itself and the spirit grinned before thinking. "Ten days is plenty to recover. I'll be fine until we attack Shibuya—"

"New Shadow Style: Simple Domain..." Kokichi revealed that Mechamaru was able to stab Mahito in the back with another loaded charge. "...Advanced, Modified: Rasengan!"

Revealing that the loaded charge actually contained a Rasengan, Mahito was shocked as his body reshaped to absolute oblivion before finally imploding as Kokichi groaned out.

"I used an incomplete Rasengan..." Kokichi panted, remembering that he had sent a Mechamaru doll before the Exchange Event to spy on you. "...and I only saw him use it once...and that was all I needed."

"Not bad." Geto said, appearing in the cockpit.

"Geto—!" Kokichi began.

"You did well." Geto said. "I wasn't expecting your Simple Domain to be so effective. You nearly killed Mahito there. He'll be rather exhausted for a while now."

"What—I didn't kill him?!" Kokichi looked to see Mahito's body floating above the water, his eyes void of pupils as his mouth opened wide to show that he was unconscious. "Shit! Geto's already inside Mechamaru and I can't—!"

"Domain Expansion: Womb Profusion."

With that, Kokichi was blasted to oblivion.

End of Chapter