Jujutsu Kaisen | Like Father, Like Son

"It isn't a matter of Jujutsu. I don't even think I could've won. Nothing ever mattered. Even if I was Gojo Satoru...even if I could've had any power in the world...it just feels like...I would've still lost."

Naoya crashed onto the field and tumbled backwards multiple times before you emerged from the now gaping hole in the Zen'in building. Putting a hand on the grass, Naoya lifted his chin to see you just looking down at him from atop the stairs.

"He has no Sharingan." Naoya thought, before you raised the bell he was supposed to get. "(Y/N) was a Special Grade because of that blasted eye. He's nothing without it. I'll blitz him before he can—"

Naoya realized an uppercut was headed for him right underneath him. The speed was just too great. Using Projection Sorcery with pure primal instinct, Naoya grit his teeth and was able to lean back with his power as he looked straight into your eyes.

You twisted your waist and kicked Naoya in the stomach, sending him crashing through the ground before the Zen'in heir proceeded to get back up. Deciding to let him attack you, Naoya appeared right behind you and launched a fist at your back.

Turning with immense speed, you dodged his effortless movements and slammed a powerful gut punch to his stomach and a Black Flash landed with ease before you raised your leg to his stomach again, picking him up and tossing him over with it.

"He's on the defensive...?" Naoya thought. "I'll just continue to assault him! As long as I can land a palm on him...even he won't be able to follow the 24 FPS rule without that Sharingan! I'll win!"

Surely enough, Naoya used his speed to actually touch you. Once you failed the rule on purpose, Naoya slammed a fist into your frame and was actually able to land a Black Flash to your face and he could feel his cursed energy rising.

"This feels so good...!" Naoya grinned.

"Looks like you felt it." You pointed. "Black Flash, am I right? Naoya, your cursed energy has shot up to 120 percent. Excellent...but I'll show you how you can still execute it again."

"What...?" Naoya thought. "Is he...teaching me?!"

"Black Flash helps sorcerers enter the zone. By hitting the target within a trillionth of a second, the sorcerer distorts space and can land a powerful hit. No sorcerer can perform Black Flash at will."

"Why are you telling me all of this..." Naoya growled. "...are you trying to tell me I don't know how to fight?! I know how to fight, you damned reject!"

"In order to consecutively perform Black Flash, a sorcerer must be able to land perfectly executed hits within that small gap." You said, ignoring the riling Naoya. "Something that I do is use my speed to far outmatch my opponents and hit them while I'm at the peak of my power so I can have a clear target."

"You—!!!" Naoya yelled.

"Cursed energy is now at 120% of my true potential." You said. "Projection Sorcery is perfect for a Black Flash user, Naoya. Not even your father could perform a single Black Flash...and I taught him."

"You...what...?" Naoya was lost for words.

"Naoya. You hate this clan, don't you?"

. . .

I once heard about a runaway.

I couldn't believe that I was related to someone like that. I heard she had the same thing...yeah, a Heavenly Restriction and her technique was so special that is had to be concealed from the world.

A technique that unites a user with the natural world. I've never heard of anything like that myself, but I could tell it was powerful. I strived to be like her, in a way. Even so...she was a reject...just the same as Toji Zen'in was. (M/N)...Zen'in.

I heard the way my father talked about her. My older sister really was something special. For the short time that I actually ever knew her...she was everything. My older brothers could never be anything close to what she was.

After that, I heard she had been hiding a son all this time. She ran away to have him. He was more special to her than I ever was. I never truly understood. I strived for power in the Zen'in, but then I saw why her son was so special to her...

. . .

"...because he's stronger than me." Naoya finished.

Activating Sage Mode in a perfectly executed manner, you allowed the positive energy to completely overtake your cursed energy in a way that it didn't consume you. Showing Naoya how Black Flash actually helped you, you just made a stance.

"I've mastered Sage Mode." You said aloud, but it was mostly for yourself. "I've finally gotten the gist of it, but it nearly killed me doing this. Looks like I just needed to close my eyes..."

"Just how far will you go, (Y/N)?" Naoya asked.

"As far as I need to." You said, gripping your fists. "As far as I need...to protect my students. I will do anything to save these people and help them prosper...and not suffer a life like I did."

"I see." Naoya widened his eyes. "I can't accept that."

There was a silence. Naoya rushed you head on but once you ducked under his fist, you truly realized Naoya Zen'in was lost. He just couldn't stand someone like you. Looking down in sadness, you punched Naoya with Frog Kumite.

That was enough to take him down.

"Ogi, take him to his room."

"Right." Ogi said, approaching you.

"Ogi, how are your daughters doing?"

"What do you mean...?"

"Have you heard of their new rankings?" You looked down at him before he could actually raise Naoya's body. "The two that you've tried to hold back all this time...have gotten the sorcerer ranks they deserve."

"Maki...and Mai...were promoted?" Ogi began.

"I did that." You said. "First thing I ever did as the head of the clan. You must be happy for them...right? They're your daughters after all. The pride of the Zen'in...right?"

Ogi almost gripped his fists.

"This clan is just scum." You thought, finally deciding what you must do. "Naoya...was a victim. Everyone here is. The traditions...the lives...the Zen'in...all of it is massive curse, like me."

Thinking of Kenjaku, you gripped your fists.

"I'll destroy it all." You finished, your Sharingan revolving to turn into a single tomoe, kickstarting the revival of the eye.

End of Chapter