Jujutsu Kaisen | Challenger

"Get ready, Riko." You said.

"I'm on it." Riko said, putting her hands on the floor as Utahime prepared her technique and surged Gojo's power. "Whenever you're ready, Gojo. I've already prepared my barrier."

Thanks to Gakuganji, Utahime's ritual amplified Gojo's powers further as Gojo began to unleash his own power as you watched from afar. Gojo locked his palms together as he started to chant to showcase his full output.

"Nine points." Gojo said, gripping his fingers together before extending them in front of them. "Polarized light. Crow and Shomyo chant. The gap between within and without."

"You know what to do, Gojo." You said.

Gojo just smiled at your remark.

"Hollow Technique: Purple." Gojo aimed his technique right in front of him, and Sukuna took the blow head on from the other end as Gojo entered in and looked at Sukuna head on.

The building Sukuna was standing on crumbled immediately and once the smoke settled, Sukuna and Gojo now stood on the ground as they looked at each other write a grin. Both fighters had been waiting for a fight like this for all their lives.

"Trying to kill your own student?" Sukuna taunted, his right arm, and right leg completely burnt to a crisp but he restored it with a reverse cursed technique. "I didn't even sense that there."

"Seems like you've got the wrong idea, so I'll set things straight." Gojo pointed at Sukuna as he grinned for it was his first taunt of the fight. "You are the challenger here."

"You damn brat." Sukuna chuckled. "You seem pretty pleased with yourself for landing a surprise attack on me. You are but a fish on my cutting board. So I'll start by peeling off those scales of yours."

"Do you honestly think I'll hold back if you looked like that?" Gojo took his his robes and made a stance similar to Sukuna's. "Unfortunately for you, I've already learned a lot from a student of mine."

Sukuna frowned at that statement.

"Since it is Megumi, I know I can go all out." Gojo said, before Sukuna leapt to land the first blow: a knee that Gojo blocked with his left hand as he tucked his right fist back.

Sukuna aimed a fist but Gojo ducked and used Blue to instantly slam Sukuna into the wall. Sukuna was surprised at the efficiency of his technique as he crashed through the buildings but he regained his footing just to see Gojo keep up with him.

Sukuna side stepped but Gojo suddenly used Blue to pick up the platform he was on and fling that platform to a building. Before it could crush Sukuna, the King of Curses leapt off of it and the two fighters now faced each other mid air.

"Dismantle." Sukuna said.

Gojo dodged the attack, but the Dismantle slash wasn't aimed for him. Gojo looked back to see the top half of a building already aiming to crush him. Sukuna rushed Gojo with a fist and Gojo noticed it was coated with his Domain.

"So he's using Domain Amplification." Gojo deduced before he escaped through a window in the falling building but Sukuna was quick to pursue him. "His control is far better than Volcano Head..."

The building crashed, and both sorcerers just stood still as the smoke cleared. Gojo and Sukuna just looked ahead at the destruction and looked as multiple buildings ahead also crashed.

"I'm pinning this on you." Gojo said.

"Who are you to say anything?" Sukuna asked.

. . .

"Damn that Sukuna." You said.

"Domain Amplification." Yuta said, eyeing their earlier movements. "Sukuna's neutralizing Gojo's Infinity. It's allowing him to hit Gojo, but he can't use his technique in exchange."

"It's an awful lot like Simple Domain." You explained to a confused Riko, but kept your eyes glued on the screen. "You use your Domain like an aura around your body to neutralize techniques."

"Oh. Can't you do that, Kusakabe-san?" Riko asked.

"Does it look like I can?" Kusakabe said.

"It looks pretty funny to me." Takaba said.

"Who's this guy again?" Yuji asked, pointing.

"I'm giving him a much harder job than anyone else." You said. "That's Takaba. He's good, but his appearance is very deceiving. Nobody should be overestimated either, but Takaba's good."

"If (Y/N)-sensei says so..." Nobara said.

"Go ahead, Nobara." You said.

"I understand." Nobara said before she walked away, taking her hammer with her as everyone watched her leave but they looked back towards the screen to see the top half of a building aiming to crush Gojo entirely.

"Hey. I do hope that you know I'm killing you." Kashimo said, looking over towards you. "I haven't fought you yet. Once this plan of yours ends, you'll be the first one I will target."

"I'm counting on it." You said.

"As long as Gojo follows the plan, everything should be fine." You think, but you couldn't help but feel nervous about all of this. "As long as he does...as long as he..."

Riko did notice this, and hugged your arm to calm you down. It did help, but you still kept your eyes on the King of Curses as the buildings finally crashed for the last time. You could see both of them standing there, and everyone resumed watching.

"Hey, here it comes." Higuruma stated.

. . .

"Domain Expansion: Malevolent Shrine!"

"Domain Expansion: Infinite Void!"

Both domains activated at the exact same time. You could see how both domains immediately canceled each other's sure hit attack instantly, but Sukuna's Malevolent Shrine did not have a barrier and started to attack Infinite Void's outer shell from the outside.

Gojo's Domain was being destroyed and he knew it. Gojo was definitely surprised as soon as it shattered and his neck was suddenly cut as he stared at the floor. Sukuna only grinned as he looked down at the strongest of the era.

"You did well...Satoru Gojo." Sukuna stated, his fingers still together as he kept his stare towards Gojo, who only stood still before multiple slashes started to cut him down at once.

End of Chapter