Jujutsu Kaisen | Idle Transfiguration

"I've found you."

"Yes! This was exactly what I needed!" Mahito exclaimed as soon as he saw Nanami enter his lair. "I'm glad to see that a sorcerer that is weaker than (Y/N) actually wants to face me. This helps me a lot."

"I am going to end this quickly." Nanami said, taking out his blunt blade as his work boots clicked under him. "You're the one responsible for the deaths in the theater, aren't you? I'll end this before I end up working overtime."

"Yep, that was me—" Mahito said.

"Good." Nanami said, slicing off Mahito's arm with a quick step as the spirit jumped back and grinned at his missing limb before Nanami started thinking. "I can't hurt him. I understand. So this is what (Y/N) warned me about this cursed spirit."

. . .

"Yuji shouldn't be involved in this mission." You said. "Mahito is a sadistic individual. He doesn't hesitate in killing humans for his own personal gain and purposely tries to rile up others."

"You didn't just take him out for him being a Special Grade." Nanami quickly assessed, which made you chuckle. "I see. So you had a theory of your own about Yuji. What was it?"

"Mahito's Idle Transfiguration reshapes the soul." You said. "But there's a twist. Yuji doesn't exactly have one soul, does he? Sukuna won't allow someone like Mahito to touch his soul. I can already imagine what Sukuna would say about something like that."

"Don't touch me, fool." You mocked Sukuna.

"What does this mean for me?" Nanami asked.

"Unfortunately, we can't hurt Mahito." You said. "I couldn't either at the start of our fight. That's why I had to hold him with my Sharingan. After the fight, that got me thinking a lot about Mahito's weakness."

. . .

"Mahito can transfigure souls, including his own." Nanami deduced. "That's why I can't hurt him. Right now, all I have to do is lure him into revealing his arsenal. (Y/N) couldn't do that, since he was being bombarded by other special grades."

"Looks like I might have to work overtime." Nanami thought to himself, eyeing the watch on his wrist.

"Is he trying to beat me here?" Mahito grinned. "He did say that earlier, but I can't help but think about his movements. He does have a handy technique though, even if it doesn't actually hurt me."

Nanami forced a ratio on Mahito again and got a clean cut at his shoulder. Mahito jumped and unleashed three crying transfigured humans at Nanami, who just scoffed before cutting them down.

"Damn." Mahito smiled. "You really don't care of they were once human, do you? Heartless, I like it."

"Don't confuse being heartless with being annoyed." Nanami said. "I'm really in a bad mood right now."

"I see. Fine then! This makes cursing each other a lot more fun now!" Mahito raised his arm, and from underneath his sleeve, two more transfigured humans emerged before Nanami cut them down and made his way towards Mahito. "I'm really enjoying this!"

"We haven't even fought for that long." Nanami said.

Mahito jumped to the side and began to run in the opposite direction. Picking up the pace, Nanami ran on the other end, finding the exact spot where he could ambush Mahito. Leaping towards Mahito, Nanami kept his blade over his shoulder.

However, Mahito put a hand on Nanami's stomach.

"Tch...!" Nanami began before he instinctively protected himself with his cursed energy before jumping back to assess the situation. "I was careless. I'm injured, but not transfigured. I was lucky there."

"He knows he's vulnerable." Mahito grinned to himself as he made a fist with pure cursed energy. "But he's good. If I can land a few more hits on him, then he'll cease to be human forever."

"Shoot." Nanami took one last look at his watch.

"What is it?" Mahito asked. "Out of time?"

"In a way, yes."

Mahito was surprised by the sudden increase in Nanami's cursed energy. Letting out a gasp, Nanami proceeded to wrap his own tie around his arm and he put his blade back onto his back.

"He restricted himself with a vow...?" Mahito thought. "He was always eyeing his watch while we fought...is his binding vow time-based? How long will it last though? It can't last very long, based on that look of his."

"I can either wear Mahito down until he runs out of cursed energy, which isn't practical at all, or I take him down with one strike." Nanami thought before he completely jumped towards Mahito, who avoided Nanami's fist. "Ratio Technique..."

"...Collapse!" Nanami slammed his fist onto a wall, completely shattering it, but then he took his blade and sliced Mahito's leg off as the spirit began to bleed out on the floor.

"I'm going to retreat now." Nanami said, swinging his blunt blade once so Mahito's blood could fall on the floor. "You might want to look above you. I wouldn't want you to be crushed before I come back, you know."

With that, Nanami walked off before Mahito looked straight up, where, surely enough, was a massive amount of debris coming straight down at him. Letting out a sigh before he was completely crushed, Mahito took a final glance at Nanami.

. . .

"Junpei." You stated, looking at your phone as Yuji sent you images and a rather large text message that contained most of the information about him from Yuji. "Yeah. He's linked to Mahito. No way he isn't."

"He's not the one responsible for the deaths." You thought. "But Junpei could be a valuable ally to Mahito. The fact that Junpei can see him must mean he might have ability as a sorcerer. But if he were to be placed the wrong hands..."

You turned off your phone, walking the other way.

"I need to find Junpei, and fast." You said. "He's in danger, and anyone linked to him will be as well."

End of Chapter