Jujutsu Kaisen | Origin of the Eye (3)

Naobito raised a fist as he began to chuckle, almost as if his pupils were completely gone. Leaping at tremendous speeds, he once again grabbed you at the neck, but you immediately jumped back.

Frozen in a suspended frame, Naobito laughed as he proceeded to punch the frame, directly hitting your stomach as you jumped back and just stood back up before Naobito made his next move.

"Projection Sorcery." You thought, before Naobito rushed you again from multiple sides and you started to counter his attacks. "It forces the target to follow the 24 FPS rule and allows the user to see a predetermined set of moves to appear faster."

"Once he touches someone, the victim is constantly trapped in the 24 FPS rule until Projection Sorcery is deactivated. However, Naobito doesn't get to decide my movements per second. I am the one in control, and I have something he doesn't."

"It doesn't matter whether he touches me or not." You thought, your Sharingan eye morphing into the Mangekyo while it began access Projection Sorcery and gave you a view on how to counter it. "Because I can see it all."

Jumping into the air, you let Naobito get the jump on you from above. However, you grabbed his head and threw him down before you prepared a lightning kick and zoomed towards him at frightening speeds.

Once you touched the floor, Naobito was right next to you, but you punched him square in the face. You turned with extreme precision and slammed your fist onto his face, a widened stoic expression on your face as you punched your relative.

Naobito emerged behind you but you kicked his face with your left leg as you turned at the waist. After that, Naobito got in front of you but you used the same leg to hit him in his now raised arm. You then proceeded to unleash an assault of fist strikes.

It proved too much for Naobito's guard and once his hands were damaged enough, you decided to slam a perfectly executed Black Flash onto his chest, as the distorted space made Naobito cough blood. After that, you jumped and slammed your knee onto his face, landing another Black Flash.

"I can feel my potential increasing..." You thought, looking at your palms as your cursed energy warped around you like a powerful aura. "...is this...the power of Black Flash?"

"You..." Naobito fell onto his knees.

"I ought to kill you." You said, grabbing your blade but you suddenly saw Maki and the rest of the Zen'in just watching on from ahead. "You called for backup...? No. They just got here in time."

"On my signal..."

"Yeah..."

"No need." You said aloud, having read the thoughts of the other Zen'in clan members. "I won't kill your leader. That'll disrupt the hierarchy of this Jujutsu society and it'll be a pain to fix that."

"Someone, kill him!"

Hearing the thoughts of a certain Zen'in child, you just glanced at him. He definitely looked angry and pissed off that his dad was on the floor, defeated at the hands of a reject. Naoya was very young, but even he felt more wounded than his father.

"Pitiful." You said, slamming a smoke bomb.

. . .

"You..."

Standing in the middle of the road, you looked ahead to see Kenjaku standing in front of you. Lost for words, every single memory of that day just poured into your mind and you just couldn't say anything anymore as he just grinned back at you.

"(Y/N)." Kenjaku said. "You've done well so far. I saw the whole fight with Sukuna. I'd expect as much from a child of mine, even if Sukuna was holding back against you for...other reasons..."

"You..." You repeated.

"I cast aside (D/N)'s body a long time ago." Kenjaku raised his head. "Even so, his body has proven useful while I had it. Still shocked to sense my presence? You'll be even more shocked when you see this."

Kenjaku reached into Geto's pockets and took out your Sharingan eye, which was morphed into the Mangekyo. You just stared at it, unable to do anything as Kenjaku forcibly ripped his own eye out of his socket and shoved yours in its place.

"It truly is a thing of beauty..." Kenjaku stated.

"You..."

"There..." Kenjaku groaned, feeling the strength of the eye coursing through Geto's body. "...now I can truly say we're connected by something more than blood. I can see...what you see now."

"...I'll kill you." You said.

"Try it." Kenjaku said.

Kenjaku dodged your first attack as you activated the Mangekyo yourself. You prepared a Lightning Blade and slammed it into his chest. At least, you thought you did. You found yourself phasing through Kenjaku, and Kenjaku only let out a chuckle.

"What's wrong...?" Kenjaku asked.

"Intangibility..." You thought before you immediately jumped back and finally got to cool your head down first. "...so that's my eye's other ability...and he's using it to his advantage!"

"I heard about what you did all those years ago." Kenjaku said. "You actually surprised me. Standing up to those filthy Zen'in...is impressive. Of course, blessed with this eye...anyone could do it."

Blessed?

Enraged, you let your Mangekyo bleed out. Not bothering to waste cursed energy on a reverse cursed technique, you decided to attack Kenjaku head on. Using a Grade One cursed spirit to block your way, you easily shredded through it with your Lightning Blade, just focused on one target only.

You phased through his face again as you aimed a fist. Kenjaku landed a powerful knee to your gut, but you took advantage of that and grabbed his knee with your left arm. Landing a Black Flash straight yo his face, you punched him with your right.

I was never blessed.

I was cursed that day.

I was cursed with an eye I couldn't control.

That's the only reason I cursed others...why I truly became a sorcerer...all of my battles...all of my exorcisms...was just for this moment.

...and that is why—

You let out a shuddering exhale as you stared at him.

—I'm just going to kill you.

End of Chapter