Jujutsu Kaisen | Broken Ties

"Sensei!"

"Yuji...?" You looked to see the trio entering at once in the room and you chuckled to see them and Riko smiled at your happy expression. "I really don't look that great, do I?"

"We still can't even see you." Nobara said.

"Yeah, you still have a mask on." Yuji pointed.

"Do you guys want to see my face or what?"

There was a silence.

It was a very long one, and they all thought different things. Yuji imagined you to have some oversized lips and he shivered. Megumi was frightened to see buck teeth, and Nobara was the only decent looking one but she blushed thinking about it.

"Sure..." Nobara said aloud, finally.

"Alright." You shrugged, raising your hand.

"What does he look like, what does he look like?" Yuji made fists and swung them up and down in anticipation. "Is (Y/N)-sensei handsome? Or ugly? I have to know! I've never needed to know something like this until now!"

"(Y/N)-sensei..." Megumi began.

Suddenly, the Kyoto students emerged from the door, making you stop at once. Frustrated, the trio looked towards the rival school but the members continued to walk in otherwise.

"You okay, (Y/N)-san?" Miwa asked.

"We were just about to see it..." Nobara cried.

"I see." Todo made a stance as his intellect kicked in. "Were you planning to show your face to your students but we entered before you could do so, (Y/N)?! I see what is going on here—!"

"I'll still do it." You said, looking down.

"Holy crap! He's gonna show his face!" Miwa began.

"No way..." Mai began.

The second years of Tokyo, who now arrived, decided to step back. You had played this trick on them before and they almost snickered before you finally grabbed the mask and the students awed and ooed at the mere thought of seeing your face.

"Under the mask..." You said.

"Under the mask..." Everyone else began.

"...is another mask! Cool, right?" You smiled.

"What the hell, sensei?!" Nobara grabbed your collar and started to shake you widely and you comically lost your pupils as she did so. "You better show us that damned face of yours, you little—!"

"Woah, let him go Kugisaki!" Yuji held her back. "He's still pretty hurt, you know!"

"Ow..." You shed a single large tear.

"Didn't you have something to say to (Y/N), Mai?"

Mai lowered her head and proceeded to kneel on one knee which surprised everyone. Maki was a little confused, but Mai decided to speak up and raise her eyes towards you as you blinked a few times.

"I have news, (Y/N)-san." Mai said. "I was sent by the Zen'in for this personally. Naobito has passed due to his injuries and he wrote in his will...that you will be the new head of the Zen'in clan."

"Really...?" You began. "...that's cool, I guess."

"No way...!" Maki exclaimed.

"Riko-chan, I do wish to sleep. Could you like politely tell everyone to leave, please..." You asked, slowly limping forward.

"Or you could just tell us, you know?!" Everyone yelled, but you fell asleep before they could properly yell at you. "He fell asleep!!"

"Sorry guys...but you should really go..." Riko smiled and bowed to them. "...thank you guys for visiting. I'll let you know when (Y/N) can properly return as a sorcerer and a teacher."

"Thanks, Riko." Yuji smiled.

. . .

Outside the hospital, three special grades stood like paper soldiers, but they were just waiting for any news about you. The silence was dreadful, so Yuki decided to break it with a question.

"So, what kind of woman is your type?"

"You really are Todo's mentor..." Yuta muttered.

"What is that supposed to mean?!"

"He was eyeing that one girl." Choso pointed out at the window, towards Maki's direction. "I could see that look of his clearly—"

"Close your mouth, please!" Yuta said politely, putting a hand on Choso's mouth and the two comically turned into chibi figures as Choso just decided to look the other way.

"So you like the strong type, huh?!" Yuki smiled. "Cool! You're not my type of guy, but I can see why you'd like someone like Maki! I say go for it!"

"Should I...?" Yuta began.

"Of course—!"

"I don't have a taste in women." Choso interrupted Yuki, but he did answer Yuki's earlier question. "I'm always going to put my brothers first. Any woman will come after them."

"Ah, I see!" Yuki pointed. "You're weird then!"

"How does that make me weird?!" Choso made two fists as he widened his eyes and growled at Yuki, who just laughed. "How does being a good elder brother make me weird—?!"

"She didn't mean that...!" Yuta held Choso back.

"Of course I meant that!"

"You damned woman—!"

. . .

"Lord (Y/N)..."

"Please drop the 'lord' part..." You waved at Ogi, Furudate, and Jinichi. "...I'm not that great on formalities. We're all equal human beings here, so please get up."

"Lord (Y/N)!"

"I said, please—!"

"Behind you!"

Ogi was quick to sense Naoya's intentions, so he got behind you and drew his sword out as an angry Naoya on the other end with a cursed tool of his own. He grit his teeth as he eyed you but when you turned around, Naoya widened his eyes.

"Wait...he has no Sharingan..." Naoya began.

"Step away, Naoya." Ogi said firmly.

"I'm the new head of the clan." You said to Naoya, which made him angry but Naoya kept a grin on his face. "Looks like you're not happy about that. Why don't we settle this outside?"

"What could I possibly get from that?" Naoya scoffed. "All I need to do is kill you. I don't need a fight where the stakes aren't high. What makes you think I'm not going to kill you here?"

"Naoya...!" Jinichi began.

"I'll make you a deal." You said, fully turning around and holding a bell. "If you can take this bell from me, I'll reward you. You can be head of the clan if you wish. Come at me with the intent to kill, or you will die...Naoya."

"Heh." Naoya chuckled. "When do we start—?"

"Now." You aimed a fist at his face.

End of Chapter