Jujutsu Kaisen | Inhuman Makyo (1)

Yuta gasped as he saw Sukuna withstand the force of Jacob's Ladder. Sukuna aimed a hand towards Nobara, who didn't react in time. Sukuna launched a World Cutting Slash towards her, but Yuta jumped right in time to protect her.

The slash got right across his chest and his stomach, and he coughed blood. Rika sobbed as she rushed and grabbed Yuta, taking him out of the battlefield as an opening emerged within Yuta's Domain. Sukuna had no need to activate Hollow Wicker Basket anymore, and he regenerated slowly.

"My output still hasn't returned to normal..." Sukuna thought, as his arms healed. "...those earlier Black Flashes did restore my output earlier, but that girl disabled it right back with that attack."

"I need to kill her before she can hit me again." Sukuna said, eyeing Nobara as he chuckled. "If she hits me again with another one of her nails and uses the same move, I could be in serious trouble."

"You reset his output...?" Yuji asked.

"I don't know how...but it looks like I did." Nobara said, eyeing as Sukuna put a little more effort into healing. "I must've struck his soul. If I can get another hit in...I can—"

"Dismantle."

Nobara was quick to dodge the incoming slash with pure instinct, but she wasn't able to perceive Sukuna right behind her. Yuji jumped in between and the two brawled for a few seconds before Sukuna knocked him down with a punch.

Sukuna rushed Nobara, but Yuji leapt again to protect her. In the meanwhile, Nobara used her cursed energy to fuel her nails again. Sukuna proceeded to hit Yuji down again and leapt to Nobara only for Kusakabe to jump in.

"Quickdraw!" Kusakabe aimed a slash.

Kusakabe actually landed clean slashes on Sukuna, but the slashes were still too shallow for Sukuna's taste. Sukuna jumped back defensively as he now stood with Kusakabe at the ready again. Tilting his sword, Kusakabe thought of his next move.

"Where is (Y/N)?" Sukuna asked.

"What the hell are you talking about?" Kusakabe asked, and Sukuna only chuckled and Kusakabe started to think. "There's no way...does he know that he's still alive?!"

"I never meant to kill (Y/N)." Sukuna said, and everyone was stunned. "Those slashes I sent at him back in that colony...were as shallow as yours just now so I know he's still alive."

"I cut him with everything I had back there..." Kusakabe sweated. "...even in his weakened state...did (Y/N) really tank those slashes without a Simple Domain and survived...?"

"I wanted to kill him with the Ten Shadows, so Megumi's soul would writhe." Sukuna rubbed his neck. "Since I no longer need to do that, I want to fight him while I'm like this, in my true state."

"That's not going to happen..." Yuji growled.

"Still here, brat?" Sukuna eyed Yuji get back up.

In that moment, Sukuna sent a World Cutting Slash towards Yuji as his mouth did the incantation and he sent a palm strike in Yuji's direction. Yuji was hit, but once that happened, Ui Ui was quick to appear and take him away instantly.

Ui Ui appeared again and wrapped his cloak around Nobara and the two instantly teleported out of there as Kusakabe started to look around for signs of any other fighters.

"Crap...am I the only one left?!" Kusakabe said.

"Looks like it." Sukuna said.

"I'll fight." Kusakabe said.

"I know that." Sukuna said. "You are only just a warmup for me. Like an appetizer. The real deal is (Y/N) himself. I know he's battling Kenjaku. That's why I felt a Vow with him waver earlier."

"So he did make a Vow with Kenjaku...?!"

"I bet that somewhere out there, (Y/N) is off trying to control the positive energy constantly refueling his body." Sukuna said. "Even if he could withstand it for a few minutes, it won't take very long before he becomes a cursed spirit."

"Don't underestimate (Y/N)-san."

"I'd ask who you are, but it looks like I won't need to." Sukuna said, eyeing to his right to see two individuals already standing there as the next contenders. "You seem strong enough."

"I'm Miguel." Miguel said, grinning as he held onto the Black Rope. "(Y/N) is the most skilled sorcerer I have ever met. Even if his body is out of control, he's claw his way through it."

"So much confidence in other humans beings instead of yourself..." Sukuna remarked before he sent multiple slashes towards Miguel and Larue. "...how pitiful can you be?"

"I've got this." Miguel ran towards the slashes, surprising even Kusakabe and he expertly weaved and dodged through the slashes like it was nothing for him.

"Did he just—?" Sukuna frowned.

"Not even I was able to find the Black Rope my ancestors had created." Miguel said, still gripping onto it. "It only took him two days to find more of it. Knowing him...he probably created it himself!"

Miguel got into a rhythm and started to dodge more of Sukuna's basic slashes. Sukuna proceeded to pump fake him with a hand sign but sent a secret slash to Miguel's stomach. Although it did surprise Miguel, he whacked it with the Rope.

"Hm...?" Sukuna eyed the tool. "So that nullifies techniques as well. It reminds me of that blade (Y/N) had in Shibuya. It has drawbacks, like any tool...so I'll just destroy it and be over with him."

"Dang. He already knows." Miguel grinned as he thought and held the hissing Black Rope. "I can't be using this thing often, or it'll just vanish quick. I've got to make this thing count."

"Ready, foreigner?" Sukuna asked.

Sukuna, however, was suddenly stabbed in the back. Looking back, he grinned to see Maki with a glare. Maki held the Soul Split Katana tightly for she was the one who had pierced Sukuna.

"Seeing you here must mean that he's still alive." Sukuna chuckled as he grinned widely. "Good. You all can just keep trying to weaken me, but this will all be futile once I face him myself..."

Sukuna was suddenly whacked in the face.

"Sure about that?!" Miguel grinned.

End of Chapter