Meeting Jace

The Pilot announced that we will be landing in 5 minutes. "You excited." My mom said excited. "Will you be mad at my answer?" She just glared at me.

As I ignored her glare and put my phone in my pocket. I felt the plane land. Me and my mom gathered our stuff. We walked into the airport then out. "Taxi!

"My mom yelled. Then stop. We took a seat. "Okay were ya going?" I guy asked.

6742 ave. Its in the neighborhood Maybrooks!" She said proud. I rolled my eyes. "Ok."

"Make sure ya be careful because I've heard that teenage girls have been missing from that neighborhood." He informed us. 'Okay thanks for the info." My mom said looking at her phone. NOT EVEN PAYING ATTENTION!

THAT COULD BE ME! Anger spread through my body causing me to bite my lip. When I get really angry I bite my lip VERY hard. The drive was a good 45 minutes. We arrived at our house.

"That will be $50 dollars." My mom gave the man 50 dollars and we both got out of the taxi. Before the man drove off he rolled down the window and holard "Congratulations!" My mom smiled and waved. "And good luck...."

Then I thought, why would he say good luck? I erased my questions and started walking up the driveway. I looked to my left and saw another house hiding behind tree's. It looked creepy. I walked into the house that was now my home/:/:/:.

Everything was white and looked classy. I would normally say this needs color, but it looked kinda good. My mom shut the door. "Wow! This. Is. AMAZING!"

She said astonished.

I smiled for the first time I was in New Mexico. We toured the house including my room. It was huge! We ended up back being the place we started the tour, the foyer. My mom rubbed her small hands together then clapped.

"Lets go meet our new neighbors!" I nodded and we headed out the door. We walked along the sidewalk to the house I thought looked creepy. We knocked on the front door. It took forever for someone to open it. We heard moving around ,and I swear I heard a sob, like someone was crying. Then the door cracked open slowly. Then a young boys head peered around the corner. He looked about my age.

"Ummm hi Im Jamie. Umm are your parents home?". He looked down then back up. "What do you want?!" I was surprised how loud his voice boomed.

My mom paused for a minute. "Well I-i am your new neighbor Jamie and this is my 15 year old daughter Jennifer." She smiled then realized he couldn't see me. She pushed me from behind her. His eyes got bigger and he shifted his body weight.

Like he was uncomfortable or he noticed something. "Hi...nice to meet you." He looked down then paused then looked up again. "Im Jace." He whispered.

"Chase? Mom said. His eyes got wide again. "JACE!" He said through gritted teeth.

He put his hand on the door and leaned against the frame of the doorway impatiently. I look down at his hand. Then I realized there was some type of red liquid on his hand. The question was so urgent I had to ask. "Whats that on your hand?"

"I guess we better get going." My mom said overtaking me. He pulled his hand away imeadiantly. He slammed the door. We walked back to our house.

That was the day I met Jace.