Epilogue

3 YEARS LATER

I woke up exausted from the night before. Yesterday we moved into our new house on Oakdale Street. I have waited a long time for this. I love Charlotte she made me feel so much better when my girlfriend Jennifer died. We became a couple 6 to 7 months ago. Tonight was gonna be my yearly worst day of my life. Thats because its the aniversary of the morning Jennifer died. To celebrate her life all of our friends including Kelly and Jennifers dad get together, eat food, and share our memories of her. Charlotte and I have been preparing food all day. We are very tired but we're doing it for Jennifer.

2 hours later

The doorbell rings and everyone is here. "Hey everyone! " Charlotte and I greet. They all say hi back. Ruth is the last one to walk in. " Hey." She smiles. "Hi." I smile back. "So are you ok?" She nods. " Yeah, but my family is still adapting to her death." I nod. "Yeah, so am I. But I am really proud of you. You are being strong for everyone, I mean look at you, not even a tear." She smiles. "Thank you Jace." I nod. "C'mon in."

*

*

*

They all get settled in and eat their food. "Guys this is really delicious." Me and Charlotte smile proudly. "Thank you. It took us all day, but it was totally worth it." Charlotte says with a smile. They all smile and nod in agreement.

"So who would like to say what they miss about Jennifer the most?" I ask everyone. We all look around. Naomi raises her hand. "Ok Naomi, whats up?" She smiles then starts. "The thing I miss most about Jennifer is her personality. Her personality was so bubbly and active. If someone was down and sad she would care for them, and make them laugh.I guess she just had that type effect on people." Everyone nods.

"Thank you Naomi...Janae you wanna go?" Charlotte askes. "Sure...the thing I miss most about Jennifer is her bravery." Everyone nods they're head in agreement. "...I mean she risked her life to save every person in this room, not to say her death was a symbol of her bravery." She shrugs and smiles. We all smile.

"Very true Janae." Everyone but Charlotte, Zac, Jennifers dad and me have shared. I finnish laughing from the last comment. "Okay Zac, your turn." He frowns. "I'll pass." Everyone stops laughing and looks at him.

"Why?" I ask getting a little heated. "Well, because...sometimes I still feel shes alive." He says staring at Ruthie. I look over at Ruth. Her cheeks are getting rosey and she stares at him back. I look back at Zac. "Why do you think that?-" "JUst ignore Zac." Ruth jumps in. "H-he is a little drunk."

Everyone looks at her. "Why dont you go?" She says pointing her direction and Jennifers dad. He looks between Zac and her. "O-okay." He says confused. "Even though she is my precious little girl and I have a lot of things I miss about her. I miss her laugh. When she would laugh I felt like my whole world stopped. It was so beautiful. "

He said grinning widely. I smile at the thought of her laugh. "Okay Charlotte your turn." Jennifers dad directs to her. "Ok. The thing I will miss most about Jennifer is her potential. She could have been anything. She had talents only someone could dream about having. She was pretty cool."

We all smile. Some of us chuckle. "Jace...your turn." I look at everyone and take a deep breath. I close my eyes for a second. I open my eyes and everyone is still there. "The thing I miss most about Jennifer is her smile. Her smile will just make you melt...." I pause for a long time, I feel hot tears come to my eyes. "...god I miss her smile. " I give up crying.

I feel Charlotte's hands rub circles against my back, giving me a memory of what happened last night. "Her smile would make you want to stop and smile. She was so beautiful." I glanced at Charlotte. "No offense..." Everyone laughed.

"None taken babe." I smile wiping my tears away. I love Charlotte and we plan to have a future together but Jennifer always stays with me no matter what. I just wish she was still alive...

About 2 Days Later

Zac's P.O.V

I walk into my apartment and set my keys on the counter top. Ive been so lonley since Paige went to jail. I guess now its gonna be a little harder to kill Jennifer since shes family. My phone rings. I panic trying to get my phone out of my pocket. "Hello!?" There was a long pause.

Her P.O.V

I stand around the corner and listen to Zac's conversation." Paige! You got out!" Pause... "Yeah, I knew she was alive for the past 2 years...." Pause. "Im pretty sure Ruthanne knows I killed Diane." Pause. "Yeah, I got Jace right where I got him..." Pause... "Mission 1 is complete when do we start the next one Paige?"

Omg guys! Go read the sequal! 😊 its Fight Together (sequal to Neighbor Next Door) Jace Norman. Love you guys!