Past to Prestent

OMG THIS IS MY FAVORITE CHAPTER SO FAR! I AM SORRY I HAVENT UPDATED IN FOREVER! OVER 2 WEEKS TO BE EXACT. I'VE JUST BEEN BORED WITH THE LAST FEW CHAPTERS. SO I WASNT VERY EXCITED TO UPDATE THIS ONE, BUT WHEN I GOT AN AWESOME IDEA I WAS QUICK TO UPDATE IT. SO SORRY AGAIN.

                                                                                                Bruni

Jennifer's P.O.V

He just looked up at me. "Thank you that is all I will be needing right now. "No wait-" He cut me off. "That WILL be all."

He said sternly, giving me a warning look. I just decided to let it go. I walked back into the house.

Once I saw Jace I thought he looked like he was crying. His nose was shiny red, cheeks rosy. "Jace?" He looked up surprised.

"Yeah?" His voice cracked in the middle. His eyes grew wide."Were you..."

I walked closer to him. "Were you crying?' He put on a stupid face. "Uh, no." He answered in an obvious tone. He sniffled. "You're lying."  He rolled he eyes. 

"I'm not lying." "Yes you are! Remember no more secrets." He looked down and let out a shaky breath.

"Yes, yes I was crying." "Why?" I asked concerned, sitting next to him. I wiped my hair out of my face.

"I was crying because when I came into the kitchen I was going to break - up with you."

My eyes grew wide. "Why were you going to break - up with me?!" 

I said about in a whisper voice. " I didn't want you to be in danger. Then I realized you are going to be in danger with or with out me." I swallowed.

"Well, I don't know what to say..." He sniffled. "well I don't blame ya!" He laughed. I laughed back.

"So you weren't going to break - up with me for any other reason? We can talk about it if you want." He shook his head no.

 I nodded. "Okay." I half smiled. He did the same. A police officer walked in. "Its time to go." Me and Jaces smiles faded.

Jace took my hand quickly. He nodded and stood up. He turned and looked at me. His eyes were sad.

He looked back at the police officer. " If I go...will I see her lot?" The cop shrugged. "From time to time." 

Jace nodded and squeezed my hand lightly. He gently pulled my arm signaling me to get up. So I did. "We have to see each other often.

The cop nodded lazily. "C'mon." He said quietly. I felt tears swell up in my eyes. We started walking with the cop to the car.

My feet got wet due to the ground outside. It must have rained. Matches my world. Jace and I stepped into the car.

The cop sat in the driver's seat. Right before we were about to pull off someone knocked on the window.

The person standing there was invisible. It's face was shadowed out due to hood that covered its head. The cop furrowed his eyebrows.

He rolled down the window. "May I help you?" The person nodded and help a gun up to the cops chest and shot twice. 

The cop was gasping for air. I screamed a multiple number of times. "Jennifer, GO, GO, GO!!!" Jace yelled at me. I opened the door and ran out.

Jace ran with me. I looked behind me and the person running after us. What were we gonna do we can't run forever.

The stranger continued to chase us. The person grew closer and closer to us. The person got so close he pushed Jace aside picked me up and threw me over his shoulder.

I screamed for Jace.  Jace started running after me and the shadow. "Jennifer!" He screamed.  I kicked my feet and hit the mystery person's back. The person ran faster loosing Jace. "JACE!" I screamed. "Jennifer!"  

I heard him scream back, but only faded due to the distance. "LET ME GO!" I yelled at the stranger. "Shhhh...be quiet!"

It was a he. The voice sound so familiar. He ran into an ally and layed me down next to a dumpster. I was breathing heavily.

"Who are you!" I yelled. The person took off their hood. I screamed at the top of my lungs. He put his hand over my mouth.

  "Be quiet!" His voice boomed. "I thought you were dead." He smirked.

 "Well, daddies home!!!"