The Truth

Jaces P.O.V

I ran back to my house and ran into my brothers room. I searched through his drawers looking for a weapon.

I am not letting anyone take my princess without a fight. I couldnt find anything. I flipped his dresser over due to frustration.

Chunks of wood flew off. I heard a bang like there was something underneath. I lifted up the dresser and pushed it to the side.

I got down to my knees and put my ear to the floor. I heard light taps. Like energy loading or something I don't know. I started hitting the floor.

The sound reflected. I hit it harder and a secret passageway opened in the floor.

Jennifers P.O.V

"Now, I have to tell you something." I furrowed my eyebrowns closed my eyes and shook my head no.

"Wait! This is all too much....I just found out that my father is still alive! Why did you fake your death?" He rolled His eyes and sighed.

"That's not important right now! I'll tell you later. Now look you are in big danger. Jamie and Paige they're gonna do more than kidnap you and Jace.

They are going to kill you." I bit my lip. "Why do you care now." Tears slid down my cheek. "You tried to kill me and mom..."

He looked to the side. "No I didn't try to kill you and your mom." I furrowed my eyebrows.

Jaces P.O.V

There was a stairway down to a room I've never seen before. A faded light was at the end of the stairs. I peered my head around the corner. What I saw....It was like a bussiness down here!

Jennifers P.O.V

"...why didnt you tell me this earlier. " He looked down. "I couldnt I was scared." Hearing that my dad was scared was unbarible.

"Once I heard that your mom was trying to kill me I was SCARED!" He said yelling the last word. I jumped at his tense-ness.

"So I tried to make her frightened of me so I became the bad guy, THE BIG BAD WOLF! The one eveyone was scared of." He whispered the last part. "Some of it was part of anger.

Then when I saw my daughter....my sweet, presious, daughter I thought you were hiding something from me. I, I, thought you were in your mothers side.

So I started trying to make you frightened of me too. Once I finally found out that you wernt trying to hurt me, and that you loved me, I was...ashamed....I was ashamed. So that night....

(Dad P.O.V)

(Dad) Flashback

I shut my door. I walked over to my bed. I got down to my knees and put my face in my hands. I cried silently. I love my daughter so much and I did all this stuff to her, because I didn't trust her. "I couldnt forgive myself. I reached under my bed and grabbed my box that had a knife in it. I always kept it by my side incase your mother tried to kill me while I was sleeping. I was tempted to kill myself right then, and there. Then I got an idea..."

I picked up the wrapped knife and hid it in my shoe. I walk out of my room imeadiantly entering the hallway. I looked down the hall and saw you in your room putting clothes away. I created an argument. Only to find out that was the night your mom was trying to kill me. While I was chasing you around the house your mom jumped out of a corner and tried to shoot me a number of times but missed. I caught her off guard and pulled her in our attic. I tied her up to a chair to get her to stop. "I took the knife out of my shoe I was going to stab myself and make it look like I was dead, but thats when you came. You sticking up for your momma and hit me in the back with a baseball bat. I slipped and the knife went in your mommas arm. You dropped the bat and walked over to the window. I faked being mad so it would fit the role. I could totally understand though you were try'na save your mom. So I sreamed your name..."

"JENNIFER...JENNIFER!" I slipped on the bat and flew straight out that darn window. The fence went straight through me. I wanted to scream in pain, but you looked down at me...didnt even shed a tear.

Flashback Over

Tears were now running down my cheeks.

Jennifers P.O.V

Tears ran down my cheeks. I didnt know it happened that way. I could have loved my father. I wiped my cheeks.

"You should have talked to me. You should have asked if I was with mom. We could have had a relationship. We could have got out of there together."

I said meaningfully, trying to pull myself together. He looked down not commenting. "So, besides that, why are you here? Why now?

Why would you come here and tell me this now?" He shook his head. "You dont know how hard it is..."

"I DONT KNOW HOW HARD IT IS!?!! YOU ARE SO SELFISH!!! YOU SAVED YOUR LIFE, JUST YOUR LIFE, ONLY YOUR LIFE!!! YOU COULD HAVE SAVED MINE TOO!!! I could have been dead by now..." I screamed imeadiantly back.

He came right back. "BLOODY HELL! IVE BEEN SAVING YOUR BUTT AND YOU DONT EVEN KNOW IT! IVE BEEN KEEPING AN EYE ON YOU. ACUALLY SAVES YOUR LIFE A FEW TIMES!!! SO DONT TELL ME I HAVEN'T SAVED YOUR LIFE!!!!"

I got quiet to his response. I have never been yelled at like that before.

Jaces P.O.V

The room looked like a hospital. Bright lights, computers, X - rays, medicine! I looked around. I saw the girls!

They were in a room with glass windows so you can see inside the room. Charlotte, Annabell, Jakie, Vanessa, Janae, Tessa, and Ruthie.

Once I saw them in true light I noticed how terrible they looked. They were so skinny! Their bones showing. They were dirty and pasty.

Caked with slimy dirt, their hair long and tangled, but somehow Janae managed to keep her hair a little curly.

In handcuffs was Kelly hanging by her wrists which are tied to a rope connected to the ceiling. I was about to go and untie them, but then Paige walked through the door at the other side of the room.

I took a step closer to see everything. The floor creeked. She looked my way imeadiantly. I jumped and turned back around.

I think she saw me.