Chapter 3-I

Chapter 3-I

Ellie sat in the middle seat, overlooking us.

Base sa mga sulyap niya ay ngating-ngati na siyang magtanong. To make the situation worse, Ralph is on my right, and the one who claims to be my boyfriend is on my left. Magkaharap silang dalawa, habang ako nasa gitna din ng pahabang dining table. Pwede silang akalaing magkakambal kung hindi lang magkaiba ang expressions at pananamit nila.

Ralph's demeanor where sharp, the stranger's features are solemn.

They prepared waffles, eggs, bacon, and coffee; their salty and sweet scent is appetizing, but the silence is killing us. Ellie was trying to appease me with her cheerful smile, while Ralph's face is deadpan and serious and because of the number of piercings he have now, he looks like he's hungry for a fight. Against me. Or perhaps by the man who claim to be my boyfriend. I'm sure I haven't gone insane. Neither of my friends is treating me as if I'm lunatic right now. They can see him too.

But maybe I am, for letting a stranger stay----ano tong nagawa ko?

"Anong nga ulit ang pangalan mo?" Ralph domineering voice prevented the stranger from trying to hold my hand again, mabigat at maingay ang kubyertos na gamit niya. Pabalang din niya itong nilapag." We forgot the introductions."

His name? Nanahimik siya. Magsasalita na sana ako. " It's Perci------------"

"Percival, my name's Percival." Kaswal niyang sagot na walang pag-aalinglangan. Naunahan niya ako magsalita. My eyes widen on how confident he said his name." Percival Alexander Tuares."

Did he figure by guessing when I was about to say?

The name I was about to say at the same time he was about to open his mouth? Na gagawin ko sana para maliin siya?

It's just a name I made up in my head...

"What's yours?"

Ralph tries to calmly nod, pretending to be the bigger person." I'm Ralph Marceus Quizon, I'm a year older than Sheena and been her friend ever since..."

Percival snickered." "I think my Sheena love you so much."

"I'm Ellie! Just Ellie Mariano, kahiya naman sa long names niyo." Si Ellie muli ang sumalba sa tense situation namin. But even her signature smile is skewed out of awkwardness. " Youngest ako saming tatlo, I became Sheena's bestfriend in high school. Maliban sa pangungulit sa best friend ko, senior student ako sa department of finance."

Percival nodded in her direction, but his eyes are on Ralph. And because he's tilting his head his soft hair is brushing on his face. Walang dye o highlights ang buhok niya. " I'm already a graduate. Kahit pala magkakaibang course kayo, malapit pa rin kayo sa girlfriend ko."

"How did you meet Sheena?" Tanong ni Ralph

"Our parents introduced us." Percival simply said.

Ralph gulp, calculating an answer." Her parents know about you?"

My "boyfriend" smiled, evading the question." Maiba ako.Ikaw, Ralph, saang course ka? You're still studying right?"

"Polsci."

"Oh, yes, you're working hard to be a lawyer."

Ralph clench his fist, napasulyap siya sakin." Ah, yeah. Ang tagal ko na dito."

Percival chuckled softly." Hindi naman ganyan ang kwento ni Sheena."

"Hey, why did all of you visit anyway?" I've gathered my guts to speak this time. Something is rubbing Ralph the wrong way; I can see the offense in him. I can't let the conversation overrun my comfort zone or compromise the real people in my life. " You all surprised me, hindi tuloy ako nakapaghanda."

Ellie wink at me, until she just gave up and blink rapidly. Then started to chatter to drown my inquiry." Sorry na, pero diba the more is the merrier naman? Next time I'll call ahead of time of time,I was just so excited to meet you today!"

"Ellie, was worried about you, she said you might try something..."

"You should have introduced me to your friends much earlier, Hon." Percival chuckled, maintaining a sense of formality in his every move." So they wouldn't been this worried, don't you think?

I don't get it, I can't understand why they are worried this way. I no longer even have the idea of what they think of me. Marahil dahil sa frustration ay inabot ko ang kamay ni Ralph kahit man ang "boyfriend" ko ang unang kumausap sa akin. I don't know what to say except this." What could I do, Ralph?"