Stand Alone Chapter: Ricos Dela Cerna

Ricos Dela Cerna

Ricos still feel exhausted when he opened his eyes.

It's barely 6:00 in the morning, and Ricos' head is still buried on his slender arms. He's already in school even earlier than student athletes. He raised his head there's still nobody on the tables nor benches in the lobby. Kung may dadaan man hindi naman siya pinapansin.

"Mr. Dela Cerna, why are you already here?" The psychology professor Sir Vallera asked when he arrived, napadaan lang ang propesir pagkalabas niya ng parking." Are you alright? May sakit ka ba? Sarado pa naman ang nurse office."

"Hindi po... I'm just waiting for Ate Sheena."

"You have groupwork activity with Ms. Cervavtes?"

Ricos just shook his head, burying his face back on his arms and in the middle of the sketchbooks he have."Not exactly, I just want to see her and talk her. Busy sya pag sa klase o practice namin."

Sir Vallera rush to his student side, napahawak na lang siya sa noo ng binatilyo." Are you sure you're alright? Your class won't be until past 7 o'clock. Napaaga lang din ako dahil may seminar na pupuntahan yung isa kong klase. I could look for another faculty or staff to assist if you're not feeling well."

"Hintayin ko na lang po si Ate."

"Did you tell her you're waiting?"

The boy just shook his head. Bigla siyang napatayo at kinuha ang mga gamit niya dahil sa pagtatanong ng professor niya. Ricos is always sickly afterall, his body and mind both unpredictable." I'm just waiting, sa library na lang po ako o sa lounge ako lilipat. Hindi naman po masama ang pakiramdam ko."

The professor pinch the bridge of his nose, he wave his hands away. Pero tinulungan niya pa na mag-ayos ng gamit ang estudyante niya. " Understood, don't loiter around too much, ang rami mong dala ----and most importantly don't rely too much on Ms. Cervantes."

"But Ate is happy to do it...Do I seem that pathetic for a guy?"

"N-No, that's not I meant. May sumagi lang sa isip ko."

Ricos smiled." Pero tama naman po kayo, kagaya si Ate ng iniisip mo."

Sir Vallera flinch upon hearing that, backing away from the boy. " Don't take my words the wrong way, I just meant that you should communicate with her properly and be her morak support as well, okay? Sige, mauuna na ako Ricos. Pag sumama ang pakiramdam mo lumapit ka agad sa faculty maliwanag? Hindi tayo sigurado na magiging maaga ngayon ang hinihintay mo."

After Ricos waved goodbye to his professor he took to his own little world of adventures.

Ricos skips as he walk, but too high or too fast, he gets dizzy at the wrong move! As even when he switch classroom with his block mates he could just end up with fits of headaches or nausea. He just want to enjoy the morning light today at the cold Ber months wind! The library door is just few corner away.! He could sneak in and read before everyone else. !Marami siyang librong pwedeng mabasa at larawan na pwede maguhit habang naghihintay siya!

Sweet, the library door is already open---kaso may nauna pala sa kanya.

Si Acierto, minsan library aid din siya at alam ni Ricos na hindi siya kasundo ng Ate Sheena niya. Still he bottled up his frustration and recalled what books his Ate Sheena borrowed and returned last time! He evaded the adults he went straight to book depository. Hoping to find the novels his beloved Ate just read. And Alas! Ricos found it. Kaunti lang muna ang kinuha niya dahil hindi niya mabubuhat ang lahat ng libro na may checkout name ni Sheena. Dinala niya ang mga ito papunta sa dulo ng library na kanyang paboritong pwesto. Habang dinadaanan niya ang hilera ng mga bookshelves ay nawiwili siya sa pagtingin ng title nito.